Cross Bow / trolley / renamed little blue trolley

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Cross Bow

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat May 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:upper brake lights are almost done just have to paint, mount, and connect wires.
119952 this is what it will look like.
119953 I used a drill press to route the lines holes and drilled a angular hole from back to bottom.

Ron :beer:

When I opened the hatch hinge it hit the light and could only go so far. opps
I got them unscrewed and found some wood to lift it to clear the hinge :?

why do I feel like I am on face hook I mean book :NC
Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:33 pm

june 2 :oops: working to get it done

121007 ceder 8" wide for the deck outside the trailer above the wheels. to hold the main brake lights. and in time be the top for the Saddle.
I was talking to steve B. and I realized that the saddle should be held off in case I need to move the axel I am unsure how it will balance.

121008 this shot show cutting the left and right ribs for the galley I kept the part it was cut from and trimmed out the back of it.
121009 here the backer becomes where the insolation will go between the rib and the backer. the strange hook at the bottom is to support the Cedar Deck. about 2 inches above that point is where the counter for the galley will run.
121010 those ribs still not fully refined will let me trace out the center ribs with are on plywood cutting through 2 pc's of ply in different direction to give it more strength. note the rib on the left cracked at the bottom it has been glued and nailed and the pc on the side added to go over the joint to give it even more strength
121010 the other end of the l&R ribs have been cut to wrap around the upper cross beam. :thumbsup:

121006 the over head lights had wood added under them so they would no longer hit on the hatch hinge.
I have the paint for the roof but realzed I need to attach the walls first and fill any gaps between the wall and the roof. :frightened:

the cabin walls now cut into pc's so I can get back into them later with out having to move the entire wall. 121002.......and ... 121003 this is the trip that will hide the cuts.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:06 pm

the doors are ready for me to buy wood and start figuring out them as well fortunately I have the very first door that I put a Grant window in. Dean has my other door the Gun port door.
121014....121013 this door I had on the boxkite and pulled it all the way to New Mexico and back before putting on better doors.
121012 no one broke in but if the had known what the door looked like on the inside they might have tried. :NC

When I put on the inside walls of the cabin I will be covering all that you see here. 121005 set up for a future side cabinet, switches for reading light, under side led lights (over head lights on switch on driver side of the trailer), and a DV plug. This is what the back of that cabinet will look like 121004

I painted the top of the trolley with primer getting ready to mount it. Steve B said I could have some bender board for the front of the trolley which means I need to work out a joint between the two.

I will also need to put in transition joints between the front arch and the side walls there is a small gap. 119400

I am working on installing the last door on the cabinet above our heads as we sleep. I goofed but figured out how to hid it later. Once it the other cabin roof can be installed.

A wall will be put in between the galley and the cabin

once the doors are on and the galley hatch is on, the trolley roof is attached and painted, the outside walls are attached and the road lights are attached and operating I can take it in to the DMV.

Sounds like a lot but it is all with in reach. :wine:
Ron

I might have all the wood and plexi for the wiley windows. The door skin keep laying on the cabin floor
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Cross Bow / trolley top / puzzle becoming one

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:24 am

1. Panted primer on trolley top cut also cut it so more air could come into the vent
1a. will prim over hang part on the under side then paint with white semi glossy paint.
1b. still puzzled about front of trolley top downslope have several plans but it looks like I will cut the front of the roof off at that pint and add something else on the down slope
2. adding pc on end of floor a strip of oak to hide the layers of flooring
2a. will put one more layer of poly on floor when done.
3. working on galley hatch about to cut out 2 more ribs
3a. side ribs made of soft pine thinking of replacing them with two pcs glued together of oak plywood plus the outside thiner outside wall. and then cut 2 more glued together ribs for center.
4. doors being planned will start making wiley window parts for doors figuring out window cut, friend offered to sell me his door handles and hatch latches, need to by more popular wood for doors, have hinges.
5. cabinet above our heads is done has some kinks but it can be fixed later.
6. inside walls are cut and about to be put up
8. riders cabin roof about to be installed then I can put up inside walls.
9. working on ledge for galley placement and support.
10. figuring out how sliders will be put in for ice chest and stove but may not happen until after IRG
11. after walls are up and any gaps filled I will paint roof white semi glossy as will the hatch when finished.
12. Once door is on will paint walls and front a darker blue then trolley top.
13. deck will be put on and brake lights attached, all running lights will be installed by then and will be pulled in for plates.
:sweaty:
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Cross Bow / trolley / puzzle coming together

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:18 am

I spent most of my day working on my wires.
Now I should have just did it like I had in the past but I wanted to do it like you would in a house.
121212 and this is what I got
then after a little work the colors came together and this is only the front I still have the back but it should be easier.

I had my wife paint the top of the trolley and seal the end pc for the back end of the floor.
121214 but I goofed looking at this shot I have to paint above where the vent goes only time I will get a chance to paint it's roof. inside.

so tomorrow I get up early and paint and see it the cabin riders side roof fits, and climb under to see if I can make sense out of the back half of the wires.
Once the wires are in then I get to check and see if each line works and cross check to see if I have crossed any of them. I have a spare car end plug to fit the trailer and will strip those wires so I can run check wires from front to back. Having a digital meter is kinda fun in that way. but watching a needle flip over is fun too. The hard part was crimping I cut a few until I found the right tool that worked with out work or bad words. :thumbsup:

Then off to work I go. then 2 more days off see if I can not get the walls attached monday or Tue. on the outside and maybe the inside.

Grant sent me some shots of his hatch build now I understand it better and it might go faster but first I will cut new outside arches they,well let's say do not make me happy. :x and I have the wood to do it with so the only scary part will be :oops: opening the hatch and seeing it it goes where I want. :thumbsup: or :cry: is yet to see :worship:

Oh ya the wheels on this trailer are the old ones I used the new ones last time I went to the Dam Run with the boxkite last year.
:goodnight:
good night
Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Less than a month to go!

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:57 am

Hey there, Ron.....do you want Dean to bring your other gunport door to the IRG?? :D
You are getting close now, and you know it will be here in no time at all. Looking forward to a full inspection -- 8) upon arrival.
ttfn,
TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Steve B. came over and together we put up both walls.

The first wall we added the glue to the walls after figuring where the studs were and wires. The second wall we put the glue on the studs much easier we still had to mark the walls where the wires were but it worked even better.

no on to the trolley top I have to paint the vent area on the roof and Steve is giving me some bender board for the front.

Grant send me an email about how he makes a hatch something I can do some I can not but it rang big bells .

Doors are still being planned. but I could make them with new Gun Ports. :roll: no Dean around :oops: I like the idea of the wiley doors better.

Wires are still half done.

Need to put on side decking to hold rear lights.

and need to get it licensed. Pictures to come.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:46 am

I should be out working on the trailer rather then here typing. I have the morning off tomorrow so I have to sit and rest.

1. the walls are attached
2. the side deck above the wheels where the saddle will go after the IRG will be cut tomorrow.
3. the lower front clearance lights are mounted the upper front clearance lights have holes cut but I must paint first. Still working on a color.
3. The rear lights are a little odd and will need to build boxes for them. they will go below the decks.
4. working on brackets to hole the decks.
5. Tomorrow I will mount the back pc to cover the exposed plywood at the back of the trailer.
6. Hatch is taking shape and may just rebuild it after IRG I under stand how it comes together now but is is still a little off.
7. beginning to panic so much to do so little time.
8. will cut and mount the back part of the trolley top if I have time tomorrow then get the bender board from Steve.
9. will start cutting access wall from where the roof and the wall meet. and fill any holes.
10. have wires for hatch so I can run wires in and be able to unattach them if I need to remove the hatch. one set trailer wire plug one set DC for lights in the roof in the galley.
11. got LED license plate lights for the hatch.
12. 8) :? :oops: :twisted: :roll: :thinking: :frightened: :NC :duh :eyebrows: :ok: :crazy: :chicken: :laughter: :grouch day1: :crying2: :crying1: :duh: :gas: :money: :sneakers: :sweaty: :wakka wakka: :DOH2: :designing: :goodmorning: :rainy: :vroom: do you ever suffer from mood swings when you are nearing the end of your build?
13 doors .... doors ......doooooors oh yah I have the door handles, the hinges, the de mentions, where the window will go, the outside and inside cut woods. I just need to ..... get some wood and finish it.
14 wiring has advance a little. I need to get rear clearance lights and install them.
15. punt
oh I forgot to download some photo's
Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:51 am

just before mounting the walls

older child and new born :thumbsup:
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:45 am

Ron, if you don't get it done, you still have the first trailer and can bring that to IRG. IMO, it is most important to get the basic trailer together and be happy with what you have done. If the Cross Bow isn't done in time, there will be other gatherings....

It's good to hear that your wife is helping you. It is wonderful that Steve B gave of his time as well. We are all fortunate to have our tear-dropping friends. :thumbsup: :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Need to cut corners and so I am using the HF brake lights no deck pc's on sides until after IRG. These are part of the saddle bags so I can do it all at one time.

1. got more lights for the road
2. starting to paint the walls a white blue.
3. trolley top is almost painted and soon can be mounted. am cutting it a little short and putting bender board up front. one roof is on trolley will be done and little things finished after IRG.
4. cut some more ribs for galley hatch one pc was unstable and may replace the other too. How Ever I came to the reality that I will rebuild the galley hatch in the future. I have know IDEA What I am DOING :scratchthinking:
but it will work and get me there.
5. Doors are being drafted in my head.
6. when hatch is done and doors are started I will mount all the rest of the clearance lights for travel and drag it off to the DMV. with all my papers and the mount I paid in taxes up to this point.
7. I have mounted the wires for the hatch but will not be hooking them up until much later.
8. have put in the support for the galley ledge on each side.
9. installed reflectors on the tung and the rear sides.
10. should have inside walls mounted. soon, when I need a break from the hatch.
11. ?
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby capnTelescope » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:I have know IDEA What I am DOING :scratchthinking:

Don't feel bad. I've made more than one part more than once. :D Your build is coming along fine, but More Pics! :pictures:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:23 pm

I have been working hard. off today Hatch is almost done excluding the sheet of plywood.

I now have a pc of bender board for the trolley front and it is now ready to be mounted.

Look in my album there may be px I have not shown here.

front if painted, about to paint the side walls. Door skin needs one more coat.

have hinges and handles for doors. Have not started the Wiley windows yet need to get a better feeeeeel for what is needed.

found gaps in the windows on the trolley and will need to seal the openings with some sort of sealant.

filled gaps in roof with foam for now. need to sand.

side brake lights are ready to mount, the old HF ones. have rear clearance lights now and reflectors are in.

need to down load some of the pix I have taken into my computer then I can get them into my album.

Took a rest and picked up the I R G buttons they are a little dark but that is how the art work came. brightened up the most important part.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:20 pm

am to tired to do anything important so I grabbed the camera and shot this

121520 hatch not assembled but ready to. my last move was to attach the riders side rib but I did it wrong so when I returned home I had to pull out the router and make it true.

121518 wires are in for the hatch but will not be used until after IRG. I will not be putting plywood on the under side until much later if not rebuilding the hatch.

121517 cabin cabinets done for the most part. still need to mount reading lights under them.

121516 trolley top painted on both sides and stained for the roof of the cabin. I will be cutting it about where the stain ends and adding bender board to the mix.

121515 I have all my lights. Just need to mount them after painting the walls.

121514 made a end camp for the floor to hide the layers of plywood.

will try and photograph the cone of the cross bow.

have wood to finish the trailer.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Cross Bow / trolley / 1 yr 5 months almost done

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:25 pm

had today off too. got the galley hatch mostly done. if is flimzy but it will work, I will rebuild it when I understand what I did wrong. working on trolley roof might have it up tomorrow!
My wife painted while I worked on making things fit.
121552 wood attached

121551 only one stick may use poles from other trailer to hold up. they stand on the ground not in the galley. I may have to add a metal angle to brace it up more. the weak spot is at the top corners.

121553 walls primed the front is done. when she paints the sides I can put on the clearance lights and the galley hatch lock,

tomorrow or friday I will pick up wood for doors and have windows figured. I have the latches, hinges, screen, skins. outer is primed and will be painted tomorrow. I will also get ply for hatch too.

I want to get this done so I can go play :moom walk: :running man: :relaxing: :icedtea: :picklejuice: :vroom: :banana: :woohoo: :ilovecamp: :beautiful:

:wink: Ron D.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals