Cross Bow / trolley / renamed little blue trolley

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Cross Bow / trolley / renamed little blue trolley

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 pm

i plan to try and finish my build this year things have changed so I will be spending more time at home and can finally get the main parts of the trailer done.

Not having a plan at the start :? has not helped me. and now being free'd to start working on this :NC to be coming more ;)

I have the screens for the trolly top done just need to attach them and move on to the outside windows being mounted and swing out for air.

have sever computer fans will mount them at opening of roof vent to blow either way. We do camp in Death Valley from time to time.

More pictures to come. :thumbsup:
both side walls are up...cabinet needs stain.......ongoing 2.5 yr bld build as i find time..... Cross Bow in Build Journals....viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi, Ron! I look forward to seeing more build pictures!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Great to hear about the build and get an update, Ron. Looking forward to the additional posts & pics. :D
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:25 pm

I picked up boards for the outside windows for the trolly top
. 5'x 11 1/2 " Popular wood
Will cut length down to about 36" and cut the width in half. Then cut out where window goes -1/4 " all around the inside. Then use the router to cut a lip for it to lay in.

I know pictures. I might start that Wed. if i do not have jury Duty. :oops: always something. They use to call me at Christmas. :rofl:

Ron
both side walls are up...cabinet needs stain.......ongoing 2.5 yr bld build as i find time..... Cross Bow in Build Journals....viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Cross Bow / trolley

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:37 am

these windows inspired me and made the idea to making my own windows for the trolley to more real.

Here are the finished screens for the inside and the cut out plexiglass ready for the frames.

I will trace them then come in 1/4 inch then rout the edge so the window has a place to set in.

then design a push pull rod to open and close the windows. cutting a small slit in the screen frame where the cross slats are.
I will try and photograph it as I do it.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals