My build of Benroy Style Trailer

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: My build of Benroy Style Trailer

Postby bbrider » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:49 pm

I just found this thread and read the whole thing in one sitting. I too have a 2 door jeep and was looking to build a tiny trailer for camping. I was looking at building one similar to yours only squared front and back with a 1" arch on the roof. Squared to increase storage space inside and no galley hatch.

I had to look at your jeep twice because it looked almost like my 2010 I had. I now have a 2015 in firecracker red.

I really like your trailer build and your workmanship is very impressive! I have 40 years in construction and am retired now. I am always building or fabing something. I thought this would be a great project. My wife is retiring in 1.5 years and we are planning a month long trip to Alaska in the jeep for her retirement party....LOL. We still tent camp now, but she said no tent camping where there are bears! So I am looking to build this for our big trip and with it being so far out I will have the time. I am too old to try and work that many hours at a time.

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the pictures and the write up on your build. You have a camper to be proud of! I really like your idea for corner molding too.

Bill :applause: :beer:
Naw Bro, We ain't lost. We just ain't never been here before!

Wee-Go build journal:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66964
bbrider
Teardrop Master

Postby AlgoDan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:28 pm

retep wrote:Great Build. I just wanted to share my thanks for sharing it here. You and so many others are so inspiring by posting it here. Think once I finish rebuilding the kitchen I will start my Benroy before the Mrs finds another major project.

Thanks Again.

Thanks for checking in, I too finished the kitchen and started building my trailer. Good luck and enjoy.
Here now but Camping later.............Dan

Build Journal
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54681
102535 103199 105576
From .................Paper...........................To.......................... Pavement............................
AlgoDan
The 300 Club

Postby AlgoDan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:36 pm

bbrider wrote:I just found this thread and read the whole thing in one sitting. I too have a 2 door jeep and was looking to build a tiny trailer for camping. I was looking at building one similar to yours only squared front and back with a 1" arch on the roof. Squared to increase storage space inside and no galley hatch.

I had to look at your jeep twice because it looked almost like my 2010 I had. I now have a 2015 in firecracker red.

I really like your trailer build and your workmanship is very impressive! I have 40 years in construction and am retired now. I am always building or fabing something. I thought this would be a great project. My wife is retiring in 1.5 years and we are planning a month long trip to Alaska in the jeep for her retirement party....LOL. We still tent camp now, but she said no tent camping where there are bears! So I am looking to build this for our big trip and with it being so far out I will have the time. I am too old to try and work that many hours at a time.

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the pictures and the write up on your build. You have a camper to be proud of! I really like your idea for corner molding too.

Bill :applause: :beer:

Thank you for the kind words Bill. I too always fabricating things up.The Jeep is a great tow vehicle and will be great in Alaska. I hope you enjoy retirement with you wife in your future/to be built trailer. Post pics while your building.
Cheers
Dan

Build Journal
102535 103199 105576
From .................Paper...........................To.......................... Pavement............................
AlgoDan
The 300 Club

Postby chucktownsend08 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:11 am

First, thank you for the detailed build! I love the look and your approach.

Question that I didn't see along the way. Did you just use 3/4' Plywood/did you insulate the walls?

Looking back now anything you would have done differently?
chucktownsend08
Teardrop Inspector

Postby AlgoDan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:42 am

Late but yes 3/4'' plywood for walls. Not insulated just the ceiling is. I might of gone 10' in length and 5' in height.
The extra size adds that more storage and space. It has served its purpose well.
chucktownsend08 wrote:First, thank you for the detailed build! I love the look and your approach.

Question that I didn't see along the way. Did you just use 3/4' Plywood/did you insulate the walls?

Looking back now anything you would have done differently?

Build Journal
102535 103199 105576
AlgoDan
The 300 Club

Postby twisted lines » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:04 am

I spent a bit of time admiring your build as well :twisted:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby AlgoDan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 am

twisted lines wrote:I spent a bit of time admiring your build as well :twisted:

Thank you kindly was fun build.

Build Journal
102535 103199 105576
AlgoDan
The 300 Club

Postby conn.rod » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:03 pm

looks good
conn.rod
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jonnythecanuck » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:14 pm

How is the PVC Trim holding up? I am considering stealing your idea for my build.
Jonnythecanuck
Teardrop Inspector

Postby AlgoDan » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:27 pm

Jonnythecanuck wrote:How is the PVC Trim holding up? I am considering stealing your idea for my build.

Sorry for the late reply, I have since sold the trailer. The PVC trim had held up quite well after 7 yrs. I am planning another build but bigger.

Build Journal
102535 103199 105576
AlgoDan
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Build Journals