Father-Daughter Build 2013-14

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Father-Daughter Build 2013-14

Postby lfrazer98 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:07 pm

Glad to be back! I had a new job this year and a recent move in October, then the holidays came and went. :)

I can lift the hatch easy enough, but will be using the broom clips with a hole drilled through with some type of nail/post inserted. It is heavy, but not too much for me. I may upgrade to gas props at some point, but am good for now. Yes, definitely looking forward to the camping season! I have booked about 5 trips so far and have to stop myself from booking one every weekend! I know I will be nervous the first time out, but at least I can maneuver my trailer by hand once it is detached. 8)
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:18 pm

:twisted: You must be just about ready to roll now.... :thumbsup:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Kens » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi Lauren. I just looked thru your build and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW :applause: I can't wait to meet you at Chapman this summer. I have been to ADK tearup you will like Dave and Kate. They are good people. Tell them I said hi. We went to 5 Tearups over the years have not been there in awhile I plan to return. Niagra is a good gathering also went 2 years ago to that one. Say Hi there also most will know us. Till I see you in July safe travels.
Ken & Pat
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby lfrazer98 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks, Ken! I look forward to meeting so many new people. Everyone on this site is so kind and supportive. It will be nice to finally meet some over the years to come at teardrop events. I can't wait to see everyone else's tears. I know it will make me want to build another one! I will say hello for you at he ADK TearUp. Can't wait for both the ADK and Niagara trip! Thanks for the compliment on my build and I look forward to meeting you at Chapman!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby lfrazer98 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:48 pm

I am so ready Joanie!!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby 1firefly » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:37 am

Hi love love love your build. I wish I could do something like that. I started to read it when your dad & you first started to build it. Forgot to go back and look at how the build was going. Saw your post that you are attending tears over Niagara and clicked on your building Journal and finished reading where I left off. I love in your galley your pull out cutting board. I have also been to adk and they also do a spring wine tour I went last year this year it's in Canada tear up Niagara on the Lake. I will also be going to the tears over Niagara (site 274) will you be going to the big one this year crossroads of America? . I am looking forward to meeting you and your teardrop.
Last edited by 1firefly on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
1firefly
Teardrop Builder

Postby felixx » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:46 am

Beautiful build!
I really hope mine is even half as nice as this
felixx
Donating Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:31 pm

1firefly wrote:Hi love love love your build. I wish I could do something like that. I started to read it when your dad & you first started to build it. Forgot to go back and look at how the build was going. Saw your post that you are attending tears over Niagara and clicked on your building Journal and finished reading where I left off. I love in your galley your pull out cutting board. I have also been to adk and they also do a spring wine tour I went last year this year it's in Canada tear up Niagara on the Lake. I will also be going to the tears over Niagara (site 274) will you be going to the big one this year crossroads of America? . I am looking forward to meeting you and your teardrop.

Thanks! We built it fast in about 3 months, but I had 6 months to plan before started building. :) I was supposed to attend the ADK TearUp last year, but am going this year. I am 263, I think, for Tears over Niagara since I wanted to be near the bathrooms. I did see something about the Crossroad of America, but don't really know much about it. I saw the website. Looks like a lot going on. I do want to attend the IRG- Redwood Gathering in Cali in 2016 because I have always wanted to visit. I will have to check the dates for the CRA to see if it is even doable for me as far as time off from work and a partner to travel with. It is pretty far to go by myself. Look forward to meeting you in Niagara!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby lfrazer98 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:34 pm

felixx wrote:Beautiful build!
I really hope mine is even half as nice as this

Well, thanks so much!! I am proud of how it turned out, but there were many bumps and bruises (and blood!) along the way. I try to look past those imperfections and focus on the awesome stuff. Thanks, again, for the compliment!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 am

Lauren
Your time frame sounds like an exact copy of ours ......just two years behind?? ;)
We attended our first Gathering with Miss Piggy in the Spring of 2013, followed by a long summer vacation and more Gatherings.
In 2014 we were able to attend 6 Gatherings including the IRG. :thumbsup:
They have all been great so far, and everyone has its own personality.
But the best part of our Gathering experiences is the people we have met so far! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hope you enjoy the journey that is in front of you.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby jonw » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 pm

lfrazer98 wrote:I did see something about the Crossroad of America, but don't really know much about it. I saw the website. Looks like a lot going on.

Lauren - it looks like there will be caravan travelling from the New England area to and from the CRA you could join. Check with Theresa on the TearJerkers site in this thread: http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=7850

Hope to meet and see you there!
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:04 pm

[quote="lfrazer98. I will have to check the dates for the CRA to see if it is even doable for me as far as time off from work and a partner to travel with. It is pretty far to go by myself. [/quote]

The site of 145+/- tiny trailers in one park and a couple hundred visitors crusing around to get a glimps of the weird little trailers is about the biggest hoot a tiny trailer person can have. There are builder seminars, cooking seminars, camping supplies yard sale, dutch oven cooking contest, TV coverage, newspaper coverage ,
and on and on.......

We have had as many as 38 states of the lower 48 represented. What a blend of tiny trailer folk. If you only do it once in your life you will remember it !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby lfrazer98 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:01 pm

I am registered for the CRA 2015 gathering! Jon- I think my campsite backs up to yours so we will definitely be seeing each other. I also chatted with Theresa online and will see if our travel timing matches up! I did a lot of reading on the tearjerker website and the CRA website and booked my site mid week. I still don't know who I am bringing yet, but I did see that there were some people from the NE that will be traveling together. It is only 9.5 hours for me which is no big deal, but it is always better with company. I can't wait to see everyone's trailers and just to meet new people from all over the US.
Looking forward to meet you if you are heading to IN, everyone!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby jonw » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 pm

lfrazer98 wrote:I am registered for the CRA 2015 gathering! Jon- I think my campsite backs up to yours so we will definitely be seeing each other. I also chatted with Theresa online and will see if our travel timing matches up!

Great Lauren! I did notice that our sites back onto each other. I'll be traveling there from a festival in Michigan but will caravan home with everyone back to New England.

Looking forward to meeting you this July and checking out your teardrop...
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:11 pm

jonw wrote:
Great Lauren! I did notice that our sites back onto each other. I'll be traveling there from a festival in Michigan but will caravan home with everyone back to New England.

Looking forward to meeting you this July and checking out your teardrop...

I may have to spray a coat of poly on before you meet her. :D I didn't get a chance to do it this Summer/Fall. I still have those horrible brush marks in my urethane. If I don't get around to it, be kind. :) Look at her head on and not from the side. Can't wait to see your wood tear!! Pictures online looked great!
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals