Lil' Nugget build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Lil' Nugget build

Postby kenafp » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:18 pm

kenafp wrote:I spoke with an electrician who came over and visually walked me through the wiring. His suggestion was to list where I wanted electricity, outlets, etc.
He told me to get the white cord and go ahead and install my wiring without hooking it up. And to go ahead and install the boxes where the outlets will go. Once I get that done, he'll help get things hooked up.
That conversation was just last week. And I am running my wire this weekend.
Funny you should ask.

That was to use white romex for the 120 and to use 18 gauge lamp cord for the 12v. I also discussed where the circuit box will go. And decided on putting the battery and inverter in a vented box on the tongue. The converter and fuse box will go in the back, under the counter.
It's a good life!
Ken

Build Journal: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60665
kenafp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rebapuck » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:16 am

You feel like you've made mistakes, but it's understood that this stuff is addictive and you'll correct them on the next one...or two.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby kenafp » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Been a while since I posted.
I've been out in my TD twice in 3xs in 2 years.
The last time, I had to drive in the rain and found that she leaks horribly.
I am so discouraged with this build.
I've redone the doors twice, and I believe the leaks are from the door installation.
I'm of a mind to consider putting in the premade doors instead of the cutouts that I have.
I may have to fix the openings, somehow, to fit the door kits.
I haven't looked for them in a while, but I think I got myself another challenge here.
Attachments
20151025_102800.jpg
20151025_102800.jpg (286.18 KiB) Viewed 745 times
It's a good life!
Ken

Build Journal: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60665
kenafp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:34 pm

So sorry that this is happening to you. It's kind of difficult to say what's wrong by looking on a PC screen. However, if you get a chance to attend a Tearjerkers gathering, you might want to show the people there and see what they say. In the meantime, I would seal the heck out of it and hope for the best. Try not to drive in the rain, too.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby PKCSPT » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:44 am

What a beautiful little trailer, hope your able to fix the leaks.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Is it driving through the piano hinge? How did you configure the seal in the current arrangement? I sympathize with your situation and understand your frustration, but with a bit more info and some detailed pics, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you find a solution!

If you have to, pull the bedding out to get it dried up (and keep it dry while you test for leaks), then get inside and have someone else hose the thing down. Figure out where the water is coming in. One trick they use for finding door seal leaks on a car is to close a dollar bill in the seal and drag it along; where it looses friction the seal is not being compressed enough.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby working on it » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 pm

KCStudly wrote:Is it driving through the piano hinge?
  • It's probably not the leak you're concerned with, but the apparent(from the photo) placement of your two canopies is guaranteed to test the waterproofing of the piano seal over your hatch at some time or another. It appears that they meet just over your hatch seal, a definite dumping zone for water build-up from both canopies.
  • canopy dumping area.png
    canopy dumping area.png (484.49 KiB) Viewed 582 times
    canopies meeting just over hatch seal area? water dumping zone?
  • Believe me, I know how much water a canopy can dump on an incompletely sealed door, or hatch, seal. Just a minute crack in the armor can lose the battle against leakage. Perhaps your leaking seal problem can be resolved by just making sure all doors and hatches are firmly shut, not slightly ajar or loose, and by applying more force with stouter latches, as well. That's just an observation, from my own experiences with seals. Good luck.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to Build Journals