The Astroliner

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The Astroliner

Postby Atomic77 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:13 pm

aggie79 wrote:Hi Michael,

I'm certainly not in the professional category, but I'd take a look at Emtech EM9300 - https://www.targetcoatings.com/product/emtech-em9300-wb-exterior-polycarbonate-urethane/.

I found out about this product on the forum and used it as a top coat over the epoxy on my tongue box. I applied it with a brush. It flowed well enough to not leave brush marks and somehow it did not run on the vertical surfaces. So far it has been very durable.

Take care,
Tom

Thanks Tom I'll check it out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Atomic77 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 am

Saturday update...
The slide-out pantry has proven itself a tough competitor but in the end we prevailed! We spent almost the entire day trying to make it work correctly. The idea is that the pantry would slide out of the wall on "ghost slides" that cannot be seen, and when pushed back in the wall it would pull itself the last 3". Which is great in theory. The application is way trickier. The hidden sliders have to be absolutely, perfectly in alignment for it to work. We even set up a jig so there would be little error.

We had it working perfectly and then we installed the pantry and pantry panel into the wall. That caused something to change and it would not pull itself into the wall. It literally took hours to get it to work right. But once it did we were pleased, but it was a long time getting there.
We also disassembled the walls and I got the lacquer sprayed and rubbed like a fine piano. Here's a peek...

Love that birch...
Until next time, thanks for following!

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 am

I know the feeling, but sometimes it is that little bit (...okay, lot of...) time that makes all of the difference between something of beauty, quality, extra special little bit of detail that separates great from good.

I can appreciate your effort. Take all of the time you need on the things that make that difference to you. We see it, too. :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 am

Thank you KC that means a lot. And you're absolutely right. I really think it will be all the little "custom touches" that will make the difference.

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug1985 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Wow, I have just caught up on this build over the past few nights. Your build is looking amazing, you are on the home stretch now! There are a lot of man hours that you two have put into that camper, but I feel that once you start camping, you will appreciate it all the more.

Thank you for sharing this build with us all. I am researching my own camper build, and there is a wealth of knowledge to be had from your build details (and others of course). I think the the best takeaway though is the motivation it provides to get planning so I can start!

Keep up the great work!
doug1985
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Atomic77 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 am

Thank you Doug for the encouraging words and taking the time to follow our build! We really are looking forward to camping in it. We can't wait!

Spend the time to come up with a good plan. Look at pictures. Research. This site offers plenty! Draw drawings, build models, set goals... dream dreams! Then dive right in. We'll all be here to cheer you on and offer whatever we can! Good luck!

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Not in the Plans

Postby Atomic77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 am

This may be one of the most difficult posts I'll ever post. This is not a plea for sympathy, rather an update on my life and where we are currently at.

I have recently been diagnosed with a very rare type of bladder cancer. I just finished up a 16 day hospital stay and have started the chemotherapy process. I have months of chemo ahead of me and our journey is confusing and uncertain. We are of course praying for a full recovery and a wonderful outcome to this. We believe God is in control and we pray for His guidance and protection through this uneasy time. If you pray, I would hold it in deepest regard if you would remember me.

For now the plans for the Astroliner are up in the air. I barely have the strength to walk to the bathroom and back, so working on the project is out of the question and I don't know for how long. This is heart breaking at best. I really wanted to go camping in her this summer.

Thank you for taking time to read this. Just wanted my friends here to know.

Michael and Carrie
Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby friz » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Hang in there brother! Stay positive. The camper will wait for you to get better.
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby KCStudly » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Wow. That's heavy. I'm with you here, friend. You are in my thoughts, sending good vibes your way. :worship:

I wish I could say that I would come out there and finish your camper for you, but frankly, I just don't have your skills to do it justice!

You will come through this.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Hey Micheal between being overseas and generaly busy ive only just this morning caught up thith the last few pages of your build post and was about to shower you with acolades on your fine workmanship then i was bowled off my feet by this devistating news.
I consider you a mate and have realy enjoyed following each others journey on our respective builds.
Whilst diabetes isnt near as serious as cancer i was diagnosed partway through my build and its made it harder energy wise to work on it after a 10 jour day i just go at my own pace when i can witch you will enevitably have to do now also.
For now concentrate on your health and do all the research you can on mainstream and alternate advice so your informed to make a speedy recovery.
Whilst im not a religious man my thoughts are with you and Carrie my friend and keep us up to date on your progress please.
Take care of yourself Micheal.
Dale

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby OP827 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 pm

You are in my thoughts Michael. I pray for you to recover.
OP827
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Thank you all. I appreciate you

Michael

The Astroliner

Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby razorback » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 pm

I am sorry to hear your news. Know that I will keep you close in my prayers. Do your research on ALL forms of treatment. Please know that certain cancers respond very well to all natural remedies combined with traditional chemo and radiation. Stay vigilant in your thoughts to beat this sorry, evil, disease.
Please research this link and others to make an educated decision.
http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/trevor ... s-oil.html
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rivernstream » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm

The Astroliner is an amazing build that I just poured over the other day. It's always good to have something to look forward to when battling one of life's challenges and this is a biggy. Hope you are able to Kick it to the curb and get your mojo back soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rivernstream
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dirtclod » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:11 am

Hate to hear this news. I have enjoyed your build. You are stronger than any cancer. I am sure you will be back at it in no time.
Dirtclod
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals