The Astroliner

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The Astroliner

Postby wagondude » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:50 pm

I have been silently watching your amazing build. I am sorry to hear of your illness. After watching my wife go through chemo, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It will knock the wind out of your sails for sure, but stay positive. You will bounce back. And when you do, I have no doubt that your determination will have the Astroliner finished and in use in short order. A positive outlook is the key.

Edit to add: My wife has been cancer free for nearly 20 years now. She is one tough lady.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm

wagondude wrote:I am sorry to hear of your illness. After watching my wife go through chemo, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It will knock the wind out of your sails for sure, but stay positive. You will bounce back. And when you do, I have no doubt that your determination will have the Astroliner finished and in use in short order. A positive outlook is the key.

Edit to add: My wife has been cancer free for nearly 20 years now. She is one tough lady.

Michael,
I agree with the above. You seem to be a very positive person and that quality plus prayer will go a long way to recovery.
Take care my friend,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm going to be positive. I believe that you will make it through this set-back. While the hardest part may be the chemo, you may very well get to see how you would look with your head shaved! I have a friend who recently finished chemo and is on to the radiation therapy. Her hair is starting to grow back and she is looking forward to trying all the haircut styles that she was previously too chicken to try.

Follow doctors' orders. Be with the illness, getting plenty of rest and as much nutrition as you can so that you can get better sooner. And, yes, say your prayers, including thanks for all you've had and have. Positive thinking is important. And Who knows?! You may be back at it by August or even before and get in a couple camping trips next fall. Meanwhile, if you have the energy and the opportunity this summer, plan on going to a gathering or two, even if it might only be for a hour. It'll do your spirits good. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby noseoil » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 am

Chin up bud, stay positive & I like the idea about visiting a gathering to see other people's work on campers. It might just help a bit & give you a new perspective. Waiting to see more shots of the work when it's time!
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ned B » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Prayers for both of you, take your time, focus on the greater challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Sheddie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:19 am

Hi Michael, sorry to hear your news.
Please accept our positive wishes for you to win this battle.
Sincerely Frank and Dale.
Sheddie
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby IndyTom » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Man Mike, that is tough news. I am just down the road in Indy. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby greygoos » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:12 pm

Sorry to hear about your news. I have followed your build and you are one talented man. Keep fighting and stay strong. All the best Jim
Last edited by greygoos on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nobes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:08 pm

Michael,
I am so sorry to hear the news of your illness. I believe God is still in the miracle business, so I will be praying for your complete recovery and return to health. Maybe this build will be one of those things to look forward to that will help you on the tough days. The community here is pretty amazing. Post when you can to let us know how you are doing. Stay strong, stay faithful!
Nobes
Nobes
Teardrop Master

Postby Atomic77 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:20 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you each and everyone... For the thoughts, good vibes, kind words, encouragement and of course, your prayers. I have spent the past 26 days of the month in the hospital. What a long haul. You never know how tough you really are, until being tough is the only choice you have. I have found myself fighting for my life, my sanity, my finances... And it's certainly been a struggle. I am now half way through my chemo treatments and I am astonished at the way it changes you. It changes you physically. Mentally. Emotionally. As someone else here said, it really lets the wind out of your sails. It makes you feel hollow and empty and you look in the mirror and wonder who that horrible person is looking back at you. It's soul-crushing. But, I've lost about 45lbs which I needed to do anyway. (I don't recommend the diet plan by the way.) The chemo doctor thinks the chemo has cured my high blood pressure, so cool. (Still not recommended.) Anyway, just wanted you all to know how much we appreciate all the kind thoughts and comments. I'll tell you right now, it's the cards, texts, messages, calls and prayer that are the only things that lift me up and change my day some days. So, keep it coming ya'll. We can use it! And by the way... My build partner is now my caretaker and I'll tell you she's amazing! She's tough and she's sweet and the combo just rocks. Love my Carrie.

Someday I'll be back at the Astroliner project again. The build goes on in my mind and in my dreams...

Michael and Carrie
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Hang in there dude. :worship: :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Atomic77 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Thank you KC
Michael

"The Strength is in the Sum of the Parts..."

The Astroliner

Follow The Astroliner Blog Here!

Check out our YouTube video
Atomic77
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pchast » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Good to hear from you. Hang tough.
You are in our thoughts.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Nobes » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Never quit, never surrender, never stop praying!
Nobes
Nobes
Teardrop Master

Postby OP827 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:55 am

You are in my thoughts Michael. We all will keep the good vibes coming your way.
:worship: :thumbsup:
OP827
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals