Renegade Build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Renegade Build

Postby Talia62 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:01 am

How did you end up liking those solar vents, and which ones did you buy?
Talia62
Teardrop Master

Postby andreuther » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks everyone!
The solar vents work very well, but I'm not a huge fan of the blue lights they come with.They are easy to install and are pretty quiet. I like that they are multi-directional as well.
I purchased two of these (probably only need one but I like symmetry) : http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000 ... ge_o09_s00
andreuther
Teardrop Master

Postby JuneBug » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:30 pm

So glad to see this on the Hall of Fame. It's very much the mental design I have, inspired by the Alaska teardrop. I like the idea of the flat back with a drop down shelf for the galley.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Postby jamorgan3777 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:44 am

I am about 3/4 of the way through a very similar build. My base is 5x9 but other than that its almost identical. I see you painted the exterior. I am doing mine in Durabak truck bed liner. Nice home made doors. I bought prefabs. I also plan to use your hatch/shelf idea. Mine will have the same cubby up top, but I was originally doing the door up. I like your idea more as it adds a shelf/work surface. Will try to post some pictures of mine once the bed liner is on.
jamorgan3777
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Build Journals