"Jackal" 5x10 TD Running water.

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: "Jackal" 5x10 TD Stargazer Window

Postby noseoil » Mon May 09, 2016 7:09 pm

It might be easier to do a simple overlay in aluminum, which you could curve to the bend & then insulate it from behind one it's etched. If you did that, it would be easy to engrave the logo or something you want, then color the engraving with dye & wipe the surface for a clear coat to seal it in place. The purple heart would be nice, but shaping it might be a lot of work with the opening you have (rabbet joint at the edge for a partial overlay?).

Check around for a local shop doing engraving, signs or lettering as they might have an idea also. There's got to be a local shop with something like it nearby. What about your machine shop "in house" so to speak?
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: "Jackal" 5x10 TD Stargazer Window

Postby JmsCaverly » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:16 pm

Well guys it's been far too long since I last posted. But for good reason I got probably the best promotion I could get in my line of work. I have been lucky enough to pick up my flight suits and asked to become a FCC (flying crew chief).

So now for me I won't be home much any more but when I am home we'll be out and about in your teardrop. We've been on a few small weekend trips over the last few months but nothing big since the Shasta lake gathering. This whole month long I'll be home it will be a nice break. Ashley is due at the end of the month so they don't want me flying incase she "pops" early lol

But here a few up date pics from this weekend where I've been able to start getting the upper portion of the galley started and hope to be done over the next couple of weeks.

As you can see the upper will have two outer doors and two smaller drawers in the middle for spices and cooking liquids that I want out of the way or standing all the time I think it will help with things not rattling around in the galley when I'm towing.

This lower panel will slide side to side I'm going to put a small area for large utensils like spoons or spatula to keep them out of the galley drawer.

Here's a little glamour shot to end it off.

I hope everyone has been enjoying their builds I hope to get spun up over the next couple of days to see where everyone is at.
Come visit my build journal
139728 139588
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63870
JmsCaverly
Teardrop Master

Re: "Jackal" 5x10 TD I'm back !!! Updates

Postby ELM » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:17 am

Congratulations on the promotion :applause: Your galley cabinets are looking great. We are taking our Tear Drop out for a shake down trip to Yosemite this weekend.
My Build journal. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65395
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 pm

:thumbsup: Congratulations on your promotion *and* on being featured in the latest edition of Cool Tears Magazine! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby JmsCaverly » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:08 am

ELM wrote:Congratulations on the promotion :applause: Your galley cabinets are looking great. We are taking our Tear Drop out for a shake down trip to Yosemite this weekend.

Have fun and good luck the first trip is always going to be one of the most memorable times.
139728 139588
JmsCaverly
Teardrop Master

Postby JmsCaverly » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:10 am

S. Heisley wrote::thumbsup: Congratulations on your promotion *and* on being featured in the latest edition of Cool Tears Magazine! :applause:

Thanks so much for that, I was going to post it later on. I was really excited to have them do a Q&A and it work out that they fit me into this issue.
139728 139588
JmsCaverly
Teardrop Master

Postby JmsCaverly » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:00 am

Over the weekend I was able to get the water system hooked up. Just not leak checked, here's a basic break down of what I did and how I did it.

The steel braided line come from the water panel, I used a dishwasher line so that I could get the length I needed to get to the faucet. I had to use two adapters on either end to get them to match the faucet and the inlet line on the exterior wall. Now I have one side of the faucet not being used for good reason when I get a chance to install the fresh water tank that's where I'll plumb the line too so for now I'll just cap it and not use that back handle.

For the drainage that was much easier to set up just a few pieces of 1 1/4" piping from a p trap through the floor, and set the drainage line to a slight down slope to encourage the water flow.

It's all a tight fit but it's working out this is in inflow line where fresh water will enter the galley.

So here the important parts, I put a no flex line from the wall to the filter, then I put in a pressure regulator some camp grounds will have high water pressure or at night will have high water pressure from no one using water for a few hours and I don't want any of my lines bursting in my galley so for safe measure always install a pressure regulator. As for the y spiller that will go to on the far end of the hose but for my pressure tests and all I put it here for easy control.

As for my lines I'm using the fresh water in line will be blue and the gray water will be the white line but it looks more gray in person. I know that's a bit different from the norm but I'm ok with it I know how my system works.

And the end result on our next trip we'll have running water. I know he wife is excited so am I,it will make a few things easier now that we have three kiddos.

Next is it get these damn cabinets done. I've been putting them off but it's time to get the galley buttoned up.

Just need to make the doors and it will be done, the counter top will have atlas glued down and just a nice expoy top on it to make wiping down easier.
139728 139588
JmsCaverly
Teardrop Master

Re: "Jackal" 5x10 TD Running water.

Postby ELM » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:59 pm

It's looking great. We made it on our fist camping trip. :D Also got it weighed today 1470 lbs with all the bedding.
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby JmsCaverly » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 pm

ELM wrote:It's looking great. We made it on our fist camping trip. :D Also got it weighed today 1470 lbs with all the bedding.

Woooohooooo way to go. We're planning to tour around Cali here in a few weeks with the tear just need to get out. By the way you build came out georgious. I'm hoping to have my galley done done before we leave.
139728 139588
JmsCaverly
Teardrop Master

Postby ELM » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:01 pm

JmsCaverly wrote:
ELM wrote:It's looking great. We made it on our fist camping trip. :D Also got it weighed today 1470 lbs with all the bedding.

Woooohooooo way to go. We're planning to tour around Cali here in a few weeks with the tear just need to get out. By the way you build came out georgious. I'm hoping to have my galley done done before we leave.

Thanks Your water system looks nice and clean the way you did it. We are towing ours to Yellowstone and then on to Wisconsin and back. We leave in five weeks. I still need to finish one piece of insulation underneath and paint it. I want to take it out camping one more time also.
ELM
Teardrop Master

Postby HarryPotter69 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:31 am

Taking your water system to Yellowstone and Wisconsin sounds like a great trip. Finishing up the insulation and painting before you leave sounds like a good plan to ensure everything is ready for the journey.
HarryPotter69
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Taking your water system to Yellowstone and Wisconsin sounds like a great trip.

Good grief.

If you're going to be a bot, at least be one that makes sense. :stompspam:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:24 pm

Tony,
This twice in a row you spotted the spammer before Tom had a chance to pounce on it. Good job! :thumbsup:
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:54 pm

featherliteCT1 wrote:Tony,
This twice in a row you spotted the spammer before Tom had a chance to pounce on it. Good job! :thumbsup:

Tom and Shelly have camped with us. You have to get up awful early to beat them.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:01 pm

:lol: :thumbsup:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals