New build under way

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: New build under way

Postby Funluvin001 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Got her trimmed up. Didn't plan to but for a couple of extra days cleaning up the trim and installing it, looks much better, so why not?!

Hmm Kinda looks like a big canvass hunh? What to do with it?!?!

Frame finished painted as well

Some of the moulding was a bit rough, but all in all not too bad.

A coupla flag decals on the rear. Now have to think about decals/trim paint plans.

Today was quite warm so I had a chance to see how much expansion would effect it. There's some evident but nothing too horrible.

I sorted out one short in a wire and so the rest will just be some finer finishing and looking to the future, so to speak.
She'll be rolling home tomorrow.

Time for a beer!!! :) :)
Funluvin001
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Sat May 21, 2016 8:01 pm

The old decals don't even show through the paint! That's a good thing! Must be good paint. Or, were you able to peel the decals off?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Funluvin001 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:23 am

S. Heisley wrote:The old decals don't even show through the paint! That's a good thing! Must be good paint. Or, were you able to peel the decals off?

Nope I opted for the lazy way and painted over them as much as I hate to admit that. The paint is amazing, though very nasty to use. PPG's Amershield - Very similar
properties to Imron if you're familiar (2-part industrial polyurethane). It's like rolling on glue that cures with an amazing sheen. The sheen is less than ideal on such an imperfect surface
but it's water and chemical resistance is second to none, and durability is incredible. The down side is it's costly as hell and stinks.

In 2002 I painted my boat with this stuff and it still looks new.
Funluvin001
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Funluvin001 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:45 pm

So another batch post, possibly the last!!

Here are some interior pics after I made up some cushions and curtains.
I may do valences but we'll see in time.

All I have left to do is clean up some wiring and perhaps a little paint touching up.

Now for some outside. I painted on some lines and pin striped them. Not %100 done yet
but you get the gist of where it's headed. It sure changes the look of this light little camper.

The front is still a raw canvass, but I'm not in a rush to decide what to do with it.
We'll come across perhaps a cool decal to put there, else it will see some matching paint as the sides have.

On an interesting note, the night before last we got hammered with a downpour that was about as bad as anything
I have ever seen before, and it seems that the water-proofing efforts paid off. There was a slight bit of water which
got in through the side of one window somehow, not from around the framing, but the window it'self must have
leaked a bit. An easy fix I think. it ran out the window's built-in drain thankfully, but I'l be looking to stop it
completely. All in all I'm fairly impressed.

Enjoyed the build, Hope someone finds the information useful!! The total tally on the build is right in around $CDN 3000.00,
not including the slave labour of course. :lol:

Thanks to all posters in this forum, you've been a wealth of information.
Funluvin001
Teardrop Advisor

Postby KCStudly » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:51 am

That's a nice little "pad" you've built there. Almost apartment sized. :lol:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Funluvin001 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:02 am

KCStudly wrote:That's a nice little "pad" you've built there. Almost apartment sized. :lol:

Thanks KC! Coming from someone who's build and raw craftsmanship I've been admiring for quite some time, that means a lot!!
81 ft sq under the roof!! I half regret narrowing the frame, but it's workable!

Now it's time to use it! :)
Funluvin001
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Build Journals