The Eburg Benroy

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The Eburg Benroy

Postby hartk1213 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 pm

yrock87 wrote:Your galley looks great. I like the formica and your custom cabinet doors.

Thanks man

Update #13
5-25-16

Today I finally got the faucet in the mail and I was able to install the sink. Our sink is just a kitchen steam pan from cash and carry kitchen supplies store. It was only $9 and I installed a $5 drain in it and it makes a perfect stainless sink. The faucet is a hand pump and we are going to have 2 - 5 gallon auqatainers from Coleman as our fresh water tank and grey water tank no need for an electric pump ..galley is pretty much finished I just need to stain the cabinets and install the door knobs
Imagethe kitchen supply store also sold lids and I thought it would be perfect to get a cover for the sink to give a bit more counter space when not in use

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby ratrod71 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Great progress. Looking good.
Alaskan Benroy build journal: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61738
ratrod71
Teardrop Master

Postby hartk1213 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:19 am

Update #14
5-30-16

Today I was able to start the staining process of the galley cabinets. So far the main cabinets are done but the top doors need one more coat and the bottom doors haven't even been started yet..my new goal is to finish the trailer well at least get it usable by July 22nd that's when we have a family camping trip planned

hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby hartk1213 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Update #15
6-5-16

This weekend....man was it hot!!
Close to 100° all weekend

I was able to get some work done I have ordered my fenders, and the hurricane hinge so hopefully I can get those two things going soon...on to what I did get finished.
I was able to get the propane system setup as well as the grey water and fresh water system and also finished the galley cabinets

Imageafter testing this setup I realized the fill tube should be on the top because it was creating a ptrap type effect and the tank was only getting about 1/3 full before backing up the sink

Oops forgot to remove the circular saw from under there..lol anyways
The fresh water is the same size tank so I never have an overflow figured it was easier than trying to see how much I had and when is it going to be full..this way once the water stops coming up I know it's time to refill and empty the two tanks . The hose is just running through the inner cabinet wall to the fresh water tank.. also I have my propane line under there too..I was originally just going to have the line come out the cabinets when we were using the stove but I didn't like the way that looked so I was using our kayaks and noticed they have water tight hatches..I bought one off amazon and installed it in the side of the trailer now I can grab the propane though the side of the trailer and keep the cabinets closed
Propane access open
Propane access closed

hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby ratrod71 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:55 pm

Looks great! You are moving right along.
ratrod71
Teardrop Master

Postby hartk1213 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Update #16
6-12-16

This weekend I got a lot done on the TD..and I didn't take a whole bunch of pictures because I was just in the zone and didn't stop working

I found this aluminum counter top trim at Ace hardware and I thought it would look great along the counter top
Close up shot
First thing today was to get the spars and insulation installed ..I don't know why the one section is backwards

Next I installed the roof ..that was a pain the in but..it's not officially finished yet as I still have to trim the edges flush with the router so the aluminum will fit nicely

Today my wife actually worked on the trailer which is a first and she painted the interior and I think it came out great

I tested all the wiring for the trailer taillights and also wanted to get a glimpse of what the TD looks like behind the truck

hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby ratrod71 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Looking good. I am impressed you got your wife to help you. Kudos to her!
ratrod71
Teardrop Master

Postby hartk1213 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 pm

ratrod71 wrote:Looking good. I am impressed you got your wife to help you. Kudos to her!

Ya me too..well she said at the beginning any color picking or painting will be her job so once the interior was all done its all her haha

hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby climbnkd » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 am

Your build is looking great. Congrats on getting the roof on. My biggest problem was I lost focus and 2 years later I'm still trying to finish all the details. Luckily I am at a point where I have been able to camp in it a couple times this year. Keep up the good work.
**John**
climbnkd
Teardrop Builder

Postby hartk1213 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:19 pm

not a fun update but i will be needing to put the trailer on hold for a little bit as my truck needed about $1500.00 worth of work done to it so i wont be able to work on the trailer well at least i wont be able to buy new parts i can work with what i have at the moment and that is finishing the hatch

ill update when i am able to buy the aluminum siding
hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby yrock87 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:51 pm

sorry to hear that hartk. I've been enjoying your build. you look pretty close. any way to get camping in it even if it isn't quite finished yet?
The SJ Cruiser, my 5x10 Benroy build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64944
yrock87
Teardrop Master

Postby hartk1213 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 pm

yrock87 wrote:sorry to hear that hartk. I've been enjoying your build. you look pretty close. any way to get camping in it even if it isn't quite finished yet?

We probably could go camping in it now I would just need to coat the exterior in poly so it's weather resistant and finish the hatch but I don't really wanna take it out without the aluminum siding we still have our tent and air mattress so I think that should be fine for now..all I need is the aluminum and all the aluminum trim here is the hatch so far not completely finished but close enough. ImageImage

hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby ratrod71 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Hatch looks good. Spend your "time off the build" planning and dreaming. It will all come together. Bryan
ratrod71
Teardrop Master

Postby hartk1213 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:10 pm

ratrod71 wrote:Hatch looks good. Spend your "time off the build" planning and dreaming. It will all come together. Bryan

Thanks man.. hopefully it won't be on hold for too long and I can still make our August trip in the TD

hartk1213
Teardrop Master

Postby hartk1213 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Just wanted to show what I found at my wife's parents neighbors house..they have an old TD that they used to use all the time Image

hartk1213
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals