Bare Bones Benroy

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Bare Bones Benroy

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Well I haven't made any progress yet. Sometimes using a friend isn't the fastest route to get things done. Not that I've had time this summer to do anything any ways. I did get my new wall tent, which I still haven't used. Its been one of those years!

I have cooked some good food on my camp gear while at home though!

My new tent

Some tasty food:

Saucy Balls and Poor man burnt ends

Green Curry beginnings on the Disc

Korean BBQ Hot Wings made with Hatch chili vodka, deep fried on the Disc
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:03 am

Still waiting for my friend the welder to slow down enough to build my frame. I may be re-thinking that option soon.... So with all the time in the world to plan things out. I have decided that for now I am going to go with wood finish sides and a metal top. I am going to use sandwich construction on the walls, using 3/4 ply and rigid foam insulation for the inner layer and 3mm okoume ply for the outer layers. Depending on how much ply I take out of the inner wall I should end up around 70-75 pounds per side.

I plan on picking up the side materials soon and getting the walls built. Then depending on the weather I may go all out and get the shell built and have it ready to drop on the frame.
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:52 pm

Saw this Camp Inn 560 this weekend while at a music festival

Came home and my neighbors had this sitting in their driveway! Nice find!

dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Postby dmdc411 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 pm

My TD is pretty basic, other than no battery. Yes I put a flat screen TV, all led lighting. But, wouldn't be hard to install a battery and charger. Gas bottle Coleman stove and lantern when needed. I don't plan on bondocking, but could easily enough. Need power for a Cpap machine, but even a night without shouldn't matter. Basic is best!
dmdc411
Teardrop Master

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:25 pm

dmdc411 wrote:My TD is pretty basic, other than no battery. Yes I put a flat screen TV, all led lighting. But, wouldn't be hard to install a battery and charger. Gas bottle Coleman stove and lantern when needed. I don't plan on bondocking, but could easily enough. Need power for a Cpap machine, but even a night without shouldn't matter. Basic is best!

Nice! Yeah no need for tv's or anything else in ours except lighting.

I will make provisions for wiring if I decide to sell
It. It will be wired for "shore power". That term drives me nuts when I hear it from land dwellers .spent most my early life on a boat in the ocean where "shore power" meant just that.

The rig will also have solar power and a small
Battery bank. That's it.

Smoke away!!!
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Build Journals