First Tear Drop Build, 54"x8' Slide on......

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

First Tear Drop Build, 54"x8' Slide on......

Postby Originalspacerob » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Thank you very much for the compliments. Its really appreciated.
Im going to keep adding to the post as things are added and changed. It is a learning experience for sure. It is our first camper of any kind.
Mushin, i added the lock downs for the hatch this weekend. See the picture below
CmImage

We picked up a Alcove REI tent to use to cover a few places for shade. We tried it over the top of the tear for 2" of coverage over the doors and 4' on the tongue. We the. Tried it behind the galley. And our favorite spot is next to one of the doors at an angle over the front corner. It gives rain and sun protection and expands the inside a bit. Even more so if we get sides for it.
Theres a 50% chance of rain this weekend if we do get a chance to go camping this weekend.

[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160706/
fd614de2827cf4807689c8d2790c53db.jpg[/IMG]
Last edited by Originalspacerob on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Originalspacerob
Teardrop Builder

Re: First Tear Drop Build, 54"x8' Slide on......

Postby Mushin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:58 pm

I need to do a latch for my hatch supports too, these things are never finished, but that's half the fun I think. Hope you get out this weekend for a shakedown

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mushin
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals