First build "Rocinante"

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: First build "Rocinante"

Postby HarleyCamper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Hatch is sheathed. After finishing the edges and smoothing it I'll canvas it tomorrow.Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
HarleyCamper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby HarleyCamper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 pm

I divided the hatch into three parts (used 4 ribs in construction) so the "utility panel" from the blue big box store bent very easily. It was less that 1/4" thick. The glue is drying after fastening with 5/8" staples from a pneumatic staple gun. I used lots of clamps to attach it, and some ratchet straps to secure until dry.

HarleyCamper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby HarleyCamper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Progress slowed because, family. First time fishing and they each caught their first catch.ImageImage

HarleyCamper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby HarleyCamper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:19 pm

I got the canvas onto the hatch today. I had to do it alone and learned no matter how small, always use at least two people.

My nearly 3 week vacation is coming to a close and though I hoped that I'd be finished, I'm not. But canvassing, priming, and 4 coats of paint can't be too bad for playing daddy daycare all along and having drill in there too. I must be finished by the time my oldest finishes school in the spring.

What is the average number of coats of paint on PMF? I'm at 5 total, and thinking 2 more for the top (color) coat. Thoughts? Image

HarleyCamper
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Build Journals