Falcongirl's Foamie (standy)

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Falcongirl's Foamie (standy)

Postby alchemist77 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Thanks for building this. I have almost the same basic trailer, and am getting closer to starting. I really like the porch, nice touch.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
David Campbell
KF7SFU
RaDAR
SOTA
alchemist77
Teardrop Advisor

Postby lthomas987 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:51 pm

So my partner, Jane (aka DeNae) just saw your foamie and got a tour while at WW. We should meet up some time and I can see yours and you can see mine! I'd love to see the big standy. Also if you have need of any more foam I have a lot of useable sized offcuts that I haven't any use for.

Laura
Laura
Bike-Drop a Micro-Foamy Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59274
My first Superlegarra-ish Foamy build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=59049
lthomas987
Donating Member

Postby Falcongirl » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks, all! It turned out quite nicely, I think. We still have more to do. Windows need to be installed, inside needs to be sanded and covered, flooring needs to be installed, bed needs to be built.

It tows like the White Whale we call it. It's taller than my SUV by about 2', and driving at 70mph was difficult - it was like having a parachute attached to the car. We had a couple moments of sway but I think that was my rushed packing on the way out and awful storm winds on the way back, but they were very brief moments and a 5mph drop in speed corrected the sway. Even driving through a nasty storm, it was rock solid as long as I wasn't going over 70.

We found one leak in the roof. Apparently having the shortarse who's afraid of heights trying to paint the roof, while the ground is supersaturated and total mud so the ladder moves under her, is not the best plan for an even coverage of paint. We're going to let it dry out a few days and then hit the entire thing again with at least another coat of paint. Also going to hit the seam it dripped through with another line of Gorilla Glue.

Lots and lots of people came by for a look at it, and were surprised that it's made out of foam. Since the inside isn't finished, it was easy enough to open the door and show them.
:Lol:

Laura: We absolutely must! I want to see the screamingly teal Tiny! It was so nice to meet someone from the forum in such an unexpected place! :)
Falcongirl
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Build Journals