A big offroad(ish) benroy (B.O.B.)

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: A big offroad(ish) benroy (B.O.B.)

Postby SCwood » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:55 pm

If anyone is interested in a whole bunch of BOB pics without having to wade through pages of this thread, check out the video below. I keep getting requests to put pictures together like this and finally got around to it. Enjoy!

SCwood
Teardrop Advisor

Postby retep » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 am

I really enjoy your posts about B.O.B. I always pickup some tip or idea. Thanks for sharing.

Peter
retep
Teardrop Master

Postby DWT77 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:22 pm

SCwood wrote:
I ordered 3,500 springs and went about installing them. The 2,000 lb springs were easy to remove since they were so compressed, but the 3,500 springs were a beast to install. I wound up getting them close, then using a clamp to get them almost all the way in, and finally prying them into place with a screwdriver:

3,500 spring on the left (part # A00101-5500D - sold individually by timbren retailers) and the 2,000 spring on the right

Where did you find the 3,500 springs? I googled that part number and didn't find much. Looked at etrailer ect... but only could find axles not individual springs.

I called timbren and told them I wanted to upgrade from my 1 tonne HD to the 3,500 springs. Timbren wanted me to send them an email explaining what I was wanting to do, show pictures of how I mounted the axles ect... before they would sell me upgraded springs.
DWT77
The 300 Club

Postby SCwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:34 pm

DWT77 wrote:Where did you find the 3,500 springs? I googled that part number and didn't find much. Looked at etrailer ect... but only could find axles not individual springs.

I called timbren and told them I wanted to upgrade from my 1 tonne HD to the 3,500 springs. Timbren wanted me to send them an email explaining what I was wanting to do, show pictures of how I mounted the axles ect... before they would sell me upgraded springs.

I had the same problem. No one lists them. I called the same place I ordered my axle from (suspension connection) and they were able to special order them for me.
SCwood
Teardrop Advisor

Postby DWT77 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:58 pm

[/quote]I had the same problem. No one lists them. I called the same place I ordered my axle from (suspension connection) and they were able to special order them for me.[/quote]

Awesome thanks for the help
DWT77
The 300 Club

Postby Kim Armstrong » Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 am

Was looking at older builds last night and remembered yours. Nice build. What radius is the front and back of the sidewalls? Thanks
Kim Armstrong
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals