My tiny v nose motorcycle trailer.

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

My tiny v nose motorcycle trailer.

Postby dueyftw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:12 am

Some of the photos and a YouTube channel I started. I got another year to go at my day job before I can afford to stay on the road full time.

Here is my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmSihd ... ZGirQjoTbw

Dale
dueyftw
Teardrop Inspector

Re: My tiny v nose motorcycle trailer.

Postby Junkboy999 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:44 am

Neat little project,

Have you camped in it Yet ?
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dueyftw » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:45 pm

I'm in Florida visiting my mother. been sleeping in it every night. And spent 2 nights at truck stops.

It's OK o pull at 45 but anything faster it weaves. One of the problems was the motorcycle hitch is a POS. 6 bolts hold it to the frame, but nothing to where the receiver is.
So it moves about a inch from side to side. With the trailer weaving the hitch amplified it to the front wheel. I fixed it by clamping it to the saddle bag struts. I don't pull it over 60. The tires and wheel bearings are cheep.

Dale
dueyftw
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tomterrific » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Weaving! Does your trailer have tongue weight when it is loaded? A trailer is like a dart or arrow. It needs weight in front of the wheels or it will want to turn around. Too many people load a trailer in the back with drastic results. A less common reason is the axle is misaligned. The hubs must make a perfect triangle with the coupler. This weave isn't near as bad.

Cool little trailer!

T
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby dueyftw » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:28 pm

I figured out the cause was the crap hitch, but the other problem is it's height. On the interstates the tucks give me a ride side to side. The trailer weaves from the draft of tractor trailers. Because I'm doing 60 to 65, I get a lot of trucks passing me.

I do load the back with a lot of stuff. But I get a 35 lb tongue wight to a 350 lb trailer. With out the wight in the back the tongue wight is around 50 lb. Any thing over 40 can cause the front wheel of the motorcycle to lift.

Dale
dueyftw
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Build Journals