my truck camper

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: my truck camper

Postby bdosborn » Wed May 30, 2018 7:27 pm

This shaping up to be a really nice camper. I can tell you've thought about the layout a lot. Well done. :thumbsup:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Boxcar Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Philip » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:21 am

bdosborn wrote:This shaping up to be a really nice camper. I can tell you've thought about the layout a lot. Well done. :thumbsup:

Bruce

Oh you have no idea the amount of hours I spent reading on this website. Before I even picked up a pen. I went threw many different designs in a 6 month period before I settled on this design. Then trying to fit what we need into the little space I have. The design is just as big of challenge as the building part is.
Philip
Teardrop Master

Postby Philip » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Time for another update. The last post I was ready to pull the top off and sheet the inside with plywood. Here are two pic's of the sheeting work. At the point when these pic's were taken the inside was ready for glass and resin. The green strips is the epoxy fairing compound I used on the warped side walls. Rather than try and buildup the corners with regular epoxy and thickners. It was faster to use the fairing compound. One pass and done.

These next two pic's show the inside with all painting done. I forgot to get pic's of the glass work I did. I have cut the exhaust fan opening on the inside of the top. I'll cut the outside after the top has all the glass work is done.

Now for a few other pic's of other things I was doing while glass or paint work was drying. These two pic's are two of the slide outs with the pans installed. I have the other two pans. I haven't got them drilled for mounting yet. The slide outs have not been mounted in yet. I'll do that after the body is painted. I don't want to gum up new slides with sanding dust.

I also have the main body in full primer now. I'll be sanding it out while I am sanding the outside of the top. When both are done I'll do all the outside paint on both parts. It now looks like an odd sized refrigerator setting there. :lol:

I have also painted the bed area. I put the second coat on it today. I didn't get a pic of it yet. I'll get one the next time I take the camera out there.
Philip
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals