Chesapeake Light Craft Teardrop Trailer

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Chesapeake Light Craft Teardrop Trailer

Postby bobwhite215 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:17 pm

rychastings wrote:any chance you could scan pictures of the technical documents/instruction manual for us? I would like to build one but the kit costs are a bit high

For real??? SMH.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
bobwhite215
Teardrop Master

Postby rowerwet » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:11 pm

The epoxy is stronger than the plywood, the epoxy you thicken to fill those unbeveled joints is actually going to make the joints stronger than if they were a perfect fit.
Personally I hate the whole thickening process, I just us PLpremium polyurethane adhesive anywhere thickened epoxy is called for, then cover it with epoxy and glass.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby tomtnt » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:19 am

friz wrote:I can't see that it would hurt, but the manual does not call for it

Sent from my Altair 8800 using Tapatalk

He actually does recommend it in the manual:

"What Could Go Wrong? There's a small
danger of inadvertently gluing the camper
shell to the temporary mold in the steps that
follow. By covering the mold with mask-
ing tape wherever it makes contact with the
camper shell, the danger drops to zero"
tomtnt
Teardrop Inspector

Postby friz » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:41 am

What page is that on? I just poured over the first 60 or so pages of the manual and did not see it.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby friz » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:18 am

Just looked again. My manual does not have that text. None of the pictures in the manual show tape on the jig.
I'm going to sign off here as this thread is becoming counter productive for me. I am pouring over parts of the manual that don't apply anymore when i should be looking forward. Yes, if I separated my parts with popsicle sticks, as suggested, I would surely have a problem. Bye.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby tomtnt » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:43 am

friz wrote:What page is that on? I just poured over the first 60 or so pages of the manual and did not see it.

pg.43 - i actually ordered the pdf manual as my kit hasn't shipped yet... maybe the printed manual is different. the manual does state that they didn't do it on theirs.
tomtnt
Teardrop Inspector

Postby friz » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:33 am

Here is my page 43.
Here is my page 43. Obviously Mr Harris did not think this was a big deal or those of us with older documents would have been sent amendments. I'm out a here, so you all are going to have to find another thread to derail.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby KCStudly » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 am

I'm sensing a bit of anger here. I hope that isn't the case and that you will give us all another chance.

I have found that most times when people make comments, be they constructive or cautionary, they are just trying to share the benefit of prior knowledge in an effort to save some grief, not only for the original poster, but perhaps for others who are watching intently.

Yes, it can be frustrating at times when we think we know better, but it isn't always easy to see when we only think we know better... and haven't suffered yet.

Maybe you have years of experience doing this kind of thing. Maybe you are one of those kinds of people with super agility and hand eye coordination; the type who never slobbers epoxy or gets the roll of tape stuck to itself in a wad (don't ask). That's great, but most people aren't going to assume that of you, because it doesn't happen that way for them.

The best part of this forum is the ability to learn from the experience of others, good and bad, so that we may improve our own experience. The second best part is making friends in the process.

It is fine to politely pick and choose which advice you care to adopt. Feel free to share your reasoning, as you have. So long as you don't blindly go down a self tormenting path and can still manage to have fun, it is all good. You are the only one in control of your own destiny, regardless of whether you care to listen to other peoples advice, but at least we can all be friendly along the way.

Peace.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby friz » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Mods. Please close this thread. It has been hijacked and derailed. The OP will no longer be posing in this thread.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby TimC » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Deleted
Last edited by TimC on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby S1lverf0x » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks for what you did share. Sorry it had to end up this way. I, for one, appreciate it. Best of luck to you. I'm sure it will turn out a success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
S1lverf0x
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikerueve » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:29 am

I do hope you reconsider and keep this thread alive. I was really enjoying following the process and was really looking forward to seeing it come alive.

After following this forum for several years, I can say that there are those always ready to offer their opinions, solicited or not. But alas, that is the
nature of these things. It is a wealth of information though, so I take the good with the bad.
mikerueve
Teardrop Advisor

Postby brx017 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:46 am

KCStudly wrote:I'm sensing a bit of anger here...

KC, now look at what you've gone and done!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
brx017
Teardrop Master

Postby lthomas987 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:10 am

I too was silently enjoying watching this build. I do not think anyone meant offense, nor criticism of the plans and your implementation there of. I do hope you continue to post.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Laura
Bike-Drop a Micro-Foamy Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59274
My first Superlegarra-ish Foamy build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=59049
lthomas987
Donating Member

Postby friz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:37 am

No offence taken. I just found my self rereading the first 60 pages of the manual multiple times trying to find verbage that wasn't there that covered steps i already accomplished when I should have been looking forward. This thread is nonproductive for me. I am not having any problems and I didn't ask for help yet there are multiple pages of helpful hints that do not contribute.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals