My Double-Teardrop

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

My Double-Teardrop

Postby firefifer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:44 am

>.>

<.<

Wellll....I think I got the bug (again)..... Last time I got the bug I found these forums, started lurking, and then spent $5 and a few days of manual labor and got a trailer frame. That was last May (2016). Recently I got the bug again and I'm giving up battling it, time to work with what I have, wrestle with pros and cons, set my expectations, spend a few more dollars (at a time), sharpen my pencil and mind, and get to work.

What's happened so far; Well, my old boss's neighbor had an old travel trailer parked and rotting in a brush line on the edge of a field. It was a bit of an eye sore so my boss gave me a deal, if I got permission and did the labor, he would take care of the debris. One honey bee colony transfer and couple days of work, and I had myself a trailer frame.

One hiccup; it wasn't the size I was after. The frame is basically 6.5 by 11 feet and 15 feet from tounge to tail. Just a wee bit longer than I was hoping for..... That was a little discouraging. Oh, and the there was/is a part of the frame that's lower than the rest, a step down.

Anywho, lately I've decided that the more unique the trailer frame, the more potential for a unique trailer. So I'm going to roll with what I got. And hope and pray for the best. Lol

Let's (finally) skip to what I have now. Atm, I have a trailerframe and a design I like that is somewhat flexible as far as the interior goes, and a tissue-box sized scaled model. I'm going to use the dimensions of the trailer frame and in an effort to still make it look like a teardrop trailer and at least try to make it look somewhat sleek, I've settled on a double-tear design. The tires will be enclosed and the first tear will end just behind the wheel well. The second tear will be side stepped in 6 inches on either side and will end at the end of the trailer. Today I finished a scaled model of the profile where one inch correlates with one foot. And unfortunately, the pictures are too big of a file-size to upload them at the moment.... I'll have to upload some at a later date.

My Double-Teardrop in La-La-Land; I'm looking at building a double tear 4'Hx6'Wx11'L, stained wood sides and aluminum skinned roof, and one door on the Alpha/curb side and at least one, possibly two windows. Also looking into a sky-light. I would like a primarily 12v system (with interior, galley, and exterior lights, some charging ports, and potential speaker system) with shore power capabilities as well as two-maybe three outlets for use only when hooked up to shore power. Another feature I would prefer, despite living in the Pacific Northwest, is Air Conditioning because I'm cold-blooded and don't sleep (well) in temperatures over 75 F...but atm, am not sure what type of system I'll end up with. I would like the ability to have my teardrop self-containing enough to spend a few days on the road with overnights at truck stops or remote locations where hookups aren't an option. As far as a water system goes, I'm thinking a gravity fed facet and sink in the galley would serve my purposes.

This'll be my build thread and I'll do my best to update it when appropriate, though hopefully on a regular basis.

To what awaits,
~ Firefifer
firefifer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: My Double-Teardrop

Postby greygoos » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:12 am

Good luck with the build. don't forget the pictures
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Return to Build Journals