XBOW (Xtreme Bed On Wheels) Build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: XBOW (Xtreme Bed On Wheels) Build

Postby Dirtclod » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Its been a while since I posted, cause we have been CAMPING in the XBOW !!

We spent over a week exploring the Smokies and Blue Ridge mountains of East TN and West NC. The XBOW did great. Towed like a dream behind that F250 Diesel :lol: We had to much stuff to take the Explorer so the truck it was. Spent 3 days at the Overland Expo in Asheville and had a blast. (Sorry I missed you again Walt) Then off to Hot Springs NC for a night then on to Roan Mountain. The campground at Roan Mountain is awesome. We camped backed up a small waterfall on the Doe river.

ImageUntitled by MIke Burkeen, on Flickr

Even took a day and went to Grandfather Mountain and walked across the mile high bridge.

Camped at Cumberland Mountain on the way home. No pics as we were in travel mode.

I did get some of the last touches done on the XBOW last noght. Added the trim around the AC and Poly'ed the strut spacers.

After a week in the XBOW I can say that this style camping is a lot more of a social event than camping in the big camper. Everyone wants to see it and talk about how they cant believe you built that. Wife wants me to modify the galley a bit and will do that over the next few weeks. Gotta keep momma happy you know.

Dirtclod
Teardrop Master

Postby KCStudly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Very nice pics! Looks like the hard work is already paying off in fun and relaxation. :applause: :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Ditto what KC said. Glad you're enjoying the results of your efforts! :applause: :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Dirtclod » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 am

Finally got around to taking this to the local truck stop and weighing it. I was expecting around 1500 due to the heavy trailer frame and it came in a 1420 semi dry. Add clothes and a cooler and it should be right at 1500.

Also made some interior shelves for glasses, phones, etc ..

Still need to do some rework on the galley storage. That'll give me something to do over the winter.

Dirtclod
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals