Opinions Please

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Opinions Please

Postby greygoos » Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Got roped into building a square drop, rear door for a "relative". It is a 4 X 8 skinned in aluminum sheet on a tube frame, no galley. Should be done by the end of the week. No pics yet. Now he doesnt want it. I will sell it as soon as it is done to recoup some money. I need your opinions on electric. Should I just put in a simple electric system or go the whole route with AC/DC, a converter and battery.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Re: Opinions Please

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon May 08, 2017 8:26 pm

How about no opinion. Give the buyer the option.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 pm

greygoos wrote:Got roped into building a square drop, rear door for a "relative". It is a 4 X 8 skinned in aluminum sheet on a tube frame, no galley. Should be done by the end of the week. No pics yet. Now he doesnt want it. I will sell it as soon as it is done to recoup some money. I need your opinions on electric. Should I just put in a simple electric system or go the whole route with AC/DC, a converter and battery.

Before I could offer my opinion, I would need to know how much higher your sales price would be if you installed the upgraded electrical package and then consider the total cost of the rig with and without the upgrade. Not that I am asking you to reveal pricing ... rather, that is how I would approach the matter. Hope you make out ok!
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby McDave » Tue May 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Thinkin' I'd just go with required lighting and a dome powered off TV. Then maybe offer your services at your shop rate. If you get out close to even on the trailer, you may be able to feed the kitty with some up-sales.
That kind of stuff happens when you're in business. If its not your family, its your friends. And you'll be AMAZED how many friends you have! Gotta give em' the friends rate...double the retail on everything, then knock 30% off....Cuz we're friends.

;)

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby dmdc411 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Some relative! Sorry!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
dmdc411
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Sheeeesh....

I'm a fan of 12 volts. Never missed having a 120 volt system. I could see it if I lived where I needed AC but we try to avoid campgrounds anywho.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat May 13, 2017 8:38 pm

:thinking: "Relatively" speaking, your post reads like the guy might be at least part jerk or else having financial problems.

As far as electrical goes, how about an easy "happy medium"?....:

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37732

Sometimes, whether you add AC, DC, or both might depend on the camping area that you are in. Some areas have electrical at every campsite; other areas don't. Also, the amount of detail and quality of the build can dictate what you do. If the trailer is absolutely gorgeous, yes, put in both and include a controller. The fact that it doesn't have a galley, initially says go simple,though.

...You can deliver my 2 cents to....... :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Build Journals