Tear Drops been on hold, had to build something!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Tear Drops been on hold, had to build something!

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Since selling my truck and camper my camp kitchen has been in disarray. Every trip I am either missing something or stuff isn't where I think it is. Nothing a sheet of plywood and some hardware can't fix.

The two plastic totes in the back are what I was using for my kitchen.

Sous chef helped along the way.

There it is for now. Need to do some filling sanding, remove the hardware and paint. I am going to add some removable legs. We don't camp where there's tables...
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Re: Tear Drops been on hold, had to build something!

Postby lrrowe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Looks nice. But how much do you think it will weigh when filled?
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Re: Tear Drops been on hold, had to build something!

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 pm

lrrowe wrote:Looks nice. But how much do you think it will weigh when filled?

I haven't weighed it yet. I was concerned about that too. I used 1/2" sanded ply from the local box store which weighs less than most.

I filled it up with everything and surprisingly enough it's not that bad. I wouldn't want to pack it a mile, but in camp no problem. Even have my 10" (smallest I have) Dutch oven in there.

I plan to add removable legs since most places we camp have no tables. I also thought I could add a single removable wheel, use two of the legs as handles and wheel barrow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Return to Build Journals