Johnny's Custom

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Johnny's Custom

Postby mattsokj » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:27 pm

MikeG2 wrote:Lovely looking teardrop. There just seems to be the odd few hundred photos missing..........

Yeah I just wasn't good about posting the pics. Although I will say it is quite the multi step process to post them. Mail them from my phone to a computer. Upload them to a picture size reducing website, download the smaller pics back to the computer, upload them to an album, then one at a time insert the html tag into a post, copy the link and paste it into the tag and repeat for next picture. At some point my motivation wasn't as strong as all the effort. But it does make me appreciate all those that did post their whole build.
mattsokj
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mattsokj » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:50 pm

KTM_Guy wrote:Get out before its to cold??? You have the Propex!! And I'll say I'm jealous. :lol:

We need a full review on the Propex after your first trip.

Beautiful teardrop by the way.

Todd

I'm very happy with the Propex. Overnight lows have been around freezing with snow/sleet and its kept me very toasty. The thermostat isn't marked with degrees so I'm not sure the exact temp setting but just 2 clicks above the lowest setting keeps me comfortable.

There is some fan noise or rushing air sound from the ducting when it kicks in there is also another sound when it lights. Overall I wouldn't say it is loud at all and after the first night I really haven't noticed it and I sleep right through.

The one thing that I do want to look into is whether the cycle length is adjustable. It heats it up quickly and keeps heating for a while. A shorter cycle would be better.
mattsokj
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Damn. I'm headed out tomorrow afternoon on the last shiveree of 2018. :frightened:

I gotta start saving my nickels and at the very least plan it into my next build for a later install. Did you just wood-screw it into the floor?

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 pm

tony.latham wrote:Damn. I'm headed out tomorrow afternoon on the last shiveree of 2018. :frightened:

I gotta start saving my nickels and at the very least plan it into my next build for a later install. Did you just wood-screw it into the floor?

Tony

Tony, I'm planning on coming into $1,600,000,000.00 this week. I'll hook you up with a Propex.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby MikeG2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:41 pm

mattsokj wrote:
MikeG2 wrote:Lovely looking teardrop. There just seems to be the odd few hundred photos missing..........

Yeah I just wasn't good about posting the pics. Although I will say it is quite the multi step process to post them. Mail them from my phone to a computer. Upload them to a picture size reducing website, download the smaller pics back to the computer, upload them to an album, then one at a time insert the html tag into a post, copy the link and paste it into the tag and repeat for next picture. At some point my motivation wasn't as strong as all the effort. But it does make me appreciate all those that did post their whole build.

There's a few steps there you don't need. If you use an image hosting site such as Imgur you can resize them automatically as they load to Imgur, and you take the URL direct from there and paste it here. Like this, I hope:

MikeG2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 pm

KTM_Guy wrote:
tony.latham wrote:Damn. I'm headed out tomorrow afternoon on the last shiveree of 2018. :frightened:

Tony

Tony, I'm planning on coming into $1,600,000,000.00 this week. I'll hook you up with a Propex.

Todd

:frightened: :thumbsup:
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals