Benroy for my baby

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Benroy for my baby

Postby DWT77 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 pm

:thumbsup: :cheerswine: :Flippin Burger: :beautiful:
DWT77
Teardrop Master

Postby Staryder61 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:09 am

Glad the maiden voyage was successful.. :thumbsup: :applause:
What is your usual mileage?
It should be a conversation piece, very well built and looks great. (And you built it) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

On the small mirror for the galley. We've bought one of these in the past: Was $25 when we bought it, has been rolled back to $17.84 now.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Living-Cosmo-8-Chrome-Mirror-with-Wall-Mount-5-x-Mag-13544/19243552
And it works great.. mounts with two screws..

Apparently always room for improvement on building one of these. That's why most say "They are never done". :lol:
You are enjoying it, that's the best thing..

Happy camping :vroom: , David
David

staryder61@gmail.com

"A Great Mind is like a Parachute, it works best when it is open.."
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby clamlamp » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:46 am

Staryder61 wrote:Glad the maiden voyage was successful.. :applause:
What is your usual mileage?
It should be a conversation piece, very well built and looks great. (And you built it)

On the small mirror for the galley. We've bought one of these in the past: Was $25 when we bought it, has been rolled back to $17.84 now.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Living-Cosmo-8-Chrome-Mirror-with-Wall-Mount-5-x-Mag-13544/19243552
And it works great.. mounts with two screws..

Apparently always room for improvement on building one of these. That's why most say "They are never done".
You are enjoying it, that's the best thing..

Happy camping :vroom: , David
Thanks David!
I get about 28 to 30 mpg highway.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
clamlamp
Teardrop Master

Postby clamlamp » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 am

S. Heisley wrote:
clamlamp wrote:Went to get it weighed. Turns out the drop weight is more than expected... 1440 lbs with the fridge but no water. My tow capacity is 2700, should I be concerned? I read that we should not exceed half of the max tow capacity somewhere... Any thoughts?

On the positive side, I took it in the freeway for the first time and there is no swaying.Image

Many states (including California) have a requirement that the trailer weigh no more than 1500 lbs; but, at 1440, you appear to be legal and it's already licensed, good to go. Check your tow vehicle's tow limits in its user manual's tow section (or from a respected, authoritative source on the Internet) and check your tow vehicle's stopping capacity for trailers without brakes, in the brakes section. Those three things should give you a pretty complete answer to your question. Oh, and water weighs around 9 lbs per gallon. Enjoy your camping experiences.
Thank you Sharon!

clamlamp
Teardrop Master

Postby clamlamp » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 am

The minor updates. I raise the Galley Hatch 2 in with blocks of mahogany I had lying around. I bumped my head twice while camping on the Galley Hatch because it was low and I was lazy to fix it because it was working. The second time when I saw stars is when I knew I needed to fix it. I also raised the shelf inside the galley because the items inside were as tall as I thought. It left a gap in the rear fuse box but my speaker fits there fairly well. Also, I added the stabilizers for the front of the trailer and a small mirror I had lying around. Just big enough to put in one contact at a time and to check for spinach in the teeth.

I want to add a roof rack but not sure where to find one or how to make one. Any tips?ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

clamlamp
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals