New teardrop building

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: New teardrop building

Postby KCStudly » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Understood. How do you intend to seal the inside of the tank? The sink is no problem, but a closed tank? I can see you glassing two halves, or a basin and a lid; then bonding them together; then pouring a goodly amount of resin in and tumbling it around to seal the inside seam... but will that really be good enough to be sure no moisture ever gets into the wood?

I'm not trying to poo poo your idea; just trying to understand (and hopefully help you, too) the pitfalls that need to be considered and overcome. Perhaps use a lost foam process and ditch the wood altogether?
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
Donating Member

Re: New teardrop building

Postby wysedav » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Been a long time since my last post but I’m still making progress. Just really slowly. I fitted my drawers,installed the sink and laminated the cooler drawer and the counter top. Just about t at the point to start finishing all the wood details with stain and poly. Here’s a picture of where I’m at.

Ooops here's the picture.
IMG_7589.JPG (109.23 KiB) Viewed 32 times
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Build Journals