Skinning pt. 2

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Skinning pt. 2

Postby Jados » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 pm

We finally got the money together to order the roofing membrane! I’m now trying to work overhaul on the “Serenity” to get it rolling this spring. I decided to go with a TPO membrane because generally RV manufacturers use this on their campers. I found the TPO membrane at a local RV dealership, they recommended that I use “Dicor Corp. 901BA” to bond the TPO to the wood (it is very sticky so watch your clothes), so I found some on eBay for about $60 plus FREE SHIPPING!!! Once the glue came in my brother and dad came over and I cut the TPO to a more manageable size, (now I have enough left over to skin the roof again if I have to ;p), then using a paint roller and pan I started from the galley and worked my way to the front. As we were rolling out the membrane my brother and I used a squeegee (a clean rag works too) to work out any air bubbles from the middle to the outsides then let it sit for a few days.

I got the driver side trim formed and dry fitted on after the glue dried. It got dark so I couldn’t get decent photos of the process, but tomorrow I’ll try to do the other side and attempt to take video. But in the meantime here are the photos I have. ImageImageImageImageImage
Jados
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Skinning pt. 2

Postby ojgrsoi » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 am

What is the source and type of trim you are using?
Mark
Weatherford - True Texas

https://youtu.be/BKs6XfgAKKc
ojgrsoi
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Skinning pt. 2

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Exactly what used. I couldn't be happier. Going on season 4. Tough stuff.140807131544
Kaz
Kaz
Silver Donating Member

Return to Build Journals