The Wedge (Name Subject to change!)

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The Wedge (Name Subject to change!)

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:31 pm

So,

Thanks to this lovely pandemic not much has happened. But on wednesday I'm headed out to Samuel De Champlain for 2 nights. I fixed the leaky skylight window, but found out today that the side window is now my water entry point as it runs over the side of the roof. Going to jury rig something because it looks like it will be a moist trip, but no downpours hopefully.

I intent to spend Wednesday evening setting up and doing a bit of scouting, Thursday exploring around outside the Park and visiting the Brent Crater, and then Friday before I have to check out before 2pm on the trails within the park.

No comfort stations, and no showers, and it seems the power is out for the rest of the season so solar panels and backup charging with the vehicle engine only. I have a little 2 stroke generator, but it is loud, smelly, and generally not fun to use. I'm spending too much time actually at the camp site this time around anyhow, so the 60 A/H battery should be all I really need.

Looks like Thursday morning might be clear, so If i can get my lazy bones out of bed I might point the camera skyward for some astrophotography. i expect there to be very little light pollution way up there.

Happy Campin'
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals