Pop-up to vintage standy (real first camp) 6-4-20

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Pop-up to vintage standy (wheels on 3-25-20)

Postby coostv » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 am

Looking great!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
coostv
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Pop-up to vintage standy (wheels on 3-25-20)

Postby greygoos » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:14 am

Excellent job and a great build. Happy Camping
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Re: Pop-up to vintage standy (first camp - sort of)

Postby les45 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:48 am

With campgrounds closed indefinitely, we decided we had to break in our new project one way or another so we went yamping (yard camping). It was a perfect night here in South Carolina so we just stayed at home and did our social distancing in the camper.

Instead of a nice lake view, we had our live oaks and the greenery of a 30 acre polo field next door.

We cheated and fixed our meals in the house. Just didn't feel like setting up all the rest of the camping gear. Hot dogs and beer still tasted good "out in the woods".

Judy wanted to hang her teardrop lights. Really looked good after dark.

She also lit up the inside.

Now we are stored indefinitely. Yes that is an oversize cover for a pop-up. I bought it that way on purpose so the front end would come down over the tongue and storage box area.
les45
500 Club

Postby Staryder61 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:54 am

Very very nice yamping area.. spacious and not overly crowded.. :applause:
Have followed your build since you started it, and the Camper looks great.. y'all did a great job on it.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Have fun and stay healthy and safe.. :)
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:18 pm

:thumbsup: Good job!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby JazzVinyl » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Wow! Superb job! Congrats, love your work!
JazzVinyl
Teardrop Master

Re: Pop-up to vintage standy (real first camp) 6-4-20

Postby les45 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:12 am

Finally made our maiden voyage with the new retro project camper. Took it to Lake Greenwood State Park about 60 miles from home. It is one of our favorite sites with most campsites on the lakefront. The South Carolina State Parks only opened for reservations in mid May. The LJ (Larry and Judy) worked almost perfectly. Towed very well and everything worked as it should. I was especially pleased with the ventilation system I created with the four inlets, one on each corner, and the air flow created by the Fantastic Fan. I found just a couple of minor things to fix. I needed something to keep the door open as it tended to close. Luckily I had some small bungee cords and used those as a temporary fix. The permanent fix was just a single small bungee cord connected to an eye hook in the door and the bottom of the frame. The other issue was the AC outlet next to the bed. I originally installed it for charging phones and ipads at night. While the outlet was in a thin box, the charger and cord extend out enough that my wife kept bumping them at night. The fix to that was to install another outlet on top of the adjacent shelf. This turned out to be an easy fix as I had an AC junction box directly below the shelf and the shelf was easily removable with just two screws. Since we are fair weather campers we've parked the camper for the summer and will get it out again in October.

All packed up and ready to go.

All set up and ready to camp. Lake Greenwood State Park is one of the prettiest parks in the South Carolina State Park system.

Outlet on wall at back of bed is the one that caused the minor problem. I left the box but installed a new one in the bottom shelf just left of center.

Back home and tucked in for the summer. Looking forward to cooler weather in the fall.
les45
500 Club

Re: Pop-up to vintage standy (real first camp) 6-4-20

Postby steve cowan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 am

Looks great!Simple and nice, we have been to Lake Greenwood and really enjoyed it.
steve cowan
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals