Steak Grilling

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:47 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Ribeye :thumbsup: :yes:

On tougher cuts, I've used something as simple as Italian salad dressing to tenderize it. When buying a tougher cut, look for the ones with the most fat marbling, too.

I called my sister the other day and she said that she marinates her steaks in vinaigrette salad dressing (vinaigrette: A cold sauce or dressing made of vinegar or lemon juice and oil, often flavored with finely chopped onions, herbs, and other seasonings - like my men . :lol: [...just teasing kennyrayanderson and his salt n pepper comment])

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Todah Tear wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:Ribeye :thumbsup: :yes:

On tougher cuts, I've used something as simple as Italian salad dressing to tenderize it. When buying a tougher cut, look for the ones with the most fat marbling, too.

I called my sister the other day and she said that she marinates her steaks in vinaigrette salad dressing (vinaigrette: A cold sauce or dressing made of vinegar or lemon juice and oil, often flavored with finely chopped onions, herbs, and other seasonings - like my men . :lol: [...just teasing kennyrayanderson and his salt n pepper comment])

Todah

Any marinade with vinegar (acid) will help tenderize a tougher cut of steak, like sirloin.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Just one way to grill it!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Laredo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 am

I find this marinade will make it possible to get good flavor with even tougher beef (bottom round steak):

2 cups lime juice
1 tbsp liquid mesquite smoke
3 tbsp soy sauce
3/4 cup honey

That's the base of it. You can add spice to suit yourself, but don't add salt -- it will toughen the meat.

The lime juice acts a bit like vinegar, I reckon. (You can likely sub in lemon juice if you want, but I think the lime has better flavor.)

Use a recipe of that for every 3 lb of meat; pour the mixed marinade in a gallon zipper-lock bag, add the steak, press out the excess air and seal.
Let stand in the fridge (turn every 3-4 hours) up to 24 hours.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Previous

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2