Lets come up with our very own T&TTT Cookbook #2

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

Lets come up with our very own T&TTT Cookbook #2

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Since we have a lot of new people here, I think it's time to come up with our very own T&TTT Cookbook #2.

I've created a section just for the purpose. It's called, are you ready for this, T&TTT Cookbook #2.

If you have a recipe you'd like to see in the cookbook, just post it in that section.

I'd like to see all the familiar camping favorites, as well as your new found favorites too.

Besides D.O cooking, I'd also like to see

Campfire cooking
foil cooking
tripod cooking
gas stove cooking (you know, vintage camping stoves)
camping oven cooking
skillet cooking
solar cooking (maybe)
cooking by gas lanterns (vintage again)
cooking in the rain
cooking on the grill
cooking on the smoker
cooking in a cast iron pot

of course there will be a section for beverages
garbage disposal beverages
quick mix beverages
beverages that are a must have while camping

Depending on what you guys and gals would like to see in the cookbook, that's how we'll break the sections up...

You've got some time to put on your thinking cap... we'll keep on collecting recipes until we have enough to put together a good size book.

And last but not least, here is cookbook #1. I'd like to not duplicate anything in there... http://www.mikenchell.com/images/TnTTTCookbook1.pdf

I'd also like a few more pictures then we had in cookbook number 1. So if you have a good photo of your recipe, please include that...

There's been a lot of recipes posted since cookbook #1. If you'd like to see them in cookbook, please move them or post them again in the Cookbook #2 section

Mike...

P.S. I need someone to help me compile all the recipes. Any volunteers?
Last edited by mikeschn on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19044
Images: 462
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI

Postby Lookfar » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Mike;
I'd be glad to help out. It's too hot to work outside very long, and I have time available. If you like, send me a PM and tell me what you need.
Butch
Image
User avatar
Lookfar
Donating Member
 
Posts: 225
Images: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:58 am
Location: Arkansas

Postby dreadcptflint » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Super cool idea. I have been tempted to do a book myself and a pdf format works for an ereader. I will do my best to kick in some recipes or two for you. :thumbsup:
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
User avatar
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1080
Images: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Lookfar wrote:Mike;
I'd be glad to help out. It's too hot to work outside very long, and I have time available. If you like, send me a PM and tell me what you need.


Well, it'll probably be a few months before we start compiling the recipes... but if you are still interested in helping then, and if you are good with Microsoft Word, let me know...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19044
Images: 462
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby cuyeda » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:14 am

Great idea! Just a suggestion if it could be accomplished. I know it will be a lot of work. Is it possible to build an index with hyper links to the actual recipes. It would be really helpful to navigate the recipes.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa

ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 1916
Images: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:09 am
Location: California, Long Beach
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:49 am

cuyeda wrote:Great idea! Just a suggestion if it could be accomplished. I know it will be a lot of work. Is it possible to build an index with hyper links to the actual recipes. It would be really helpful to navigate the recipes.


You are talking about inside the Cookbook PDF, right?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19044
Images: 462
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby Lookfar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:06 am

mikeschn wrote:
Lookfar wrote:Mike;
I'd be glad to help out. It's too hot to work outside very long, and I have time available. If you like, send me a PM and tell me what you need.


Well, it'll probably be a few months before we start compiling the recipes... but if you are still interested in helping then, and if you are good with Microsoft Word, let me know...

Mike...

I expect to be around and am fairly good with Word. I also like the idea of a hyper link to recipes. How difficult is it to make that work?
Butch
Image
User avatar
Lookfar
Donating Member
 
Posts: 225
Images: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:58 am
Location: Arkansas
Top

Postby Lookfar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:08 am

Lookfar wrote:
mikeschn wrote:
Lookfar wrote:Mike;
I'd be glad to help out. It's too hot to work outside very long, and I have time available. If you like, send me a PM and tell me what you need.


Well, it'll probably be a few months before we start compiling the recipes... but if you are still interested in helping then, and if you are good with Microsoft Word, let me know...

Mike...

I expect to be around and am fairly good with Word. I also like the idea of a hyper link to recipes. How difficult is it to make that work?

That doesn't make me look very good with Word, does it? That is just one of this things I've not been able to figure out.
Butch
Image
User avatar
Lookfar
Donating Member
 
Posts: 225
Images: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:58 am
Location: Arkansas
Top

Postby cuyeda » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:44 am

mikeschn wrote:
cuyeda wrote:Great idea! Just a suggestion if it could be accomplished. I know it will be a lot of work. Is it possible to build an index with hyper links to the actual recipes. It would be really helpful to navigate the recipes.


You are talking about inside the Cookbook PDF, right?

Mike...


Yes Mike. I know how to do it in HTML for web pages, and just as easy in PDF. The PDF writer version is needed, and not everyone has it. Here is a sample instruction to help explain my suggestion.

http://www.ehow.com/how_10082_create-bookmarks-pdf.html

I do have an older Adobe Acrobat 7 professional version. I would volunteer to prepare the linking prior to final release with my software. An index at the beginning page is all that is needed.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa

ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 1916
Images: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:09 am
Location: California, Long Beach
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:11 am

cuyeda wrote:
mikeschn wrote:
cuyeda wrote:Great idea! Just a suggestion if it could be accomplished. I know it will be a lot of work. Is it possible to build an index with hyper links to the actual recipes. It would be really helpful to navigate the recipes.


You are talking about inside the Cookbook PDF, right?

Mike...


Yes Mike. I know how to do it in HTML for web pages, and just as easy in PDF. The PDF writer version is needed, and not everyone has it. Here is a sample instruction to help explain my suggestion.

http://www.ehow.com/how_10082_create-bookmarks-pdf.html

I do have an older Adobe Acrobat 7 professional version. I would volunteer to prepare the linking prior to final release with my software. An index at the beginning page is all that is needed.


Sure, you can do that.

Thanks,

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19044
Images: 462
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby caseydog » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm working of some purty cover designs for both cookbooks that we can add to the PDF files when the time comes. I am assuming an 8.5 X 11 size.

May I suggest to all contributors that they thoroughly spell-check and edit for grammar and punctuation before posting their recipes to the forum.

That will save someone else a whole lot of time and work later on, right Mike? :thumbsup:

CD
Image

My build journal is HERE
User avatar
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 12405
Images: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:44 pm
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:59 pm

caseydog wrote:I'm working of some purty cover designs for both cookbooks that we can add to the PDF files when the time comes. I am assuming an 8.5 X 11 size.

May I suggest to all contributors that they thoroughly spell-check and edit for grammar and punctuation before posting their recipes to the forum.

That will save someone else a whole lot of time and work later on, right Mike? :thumbsup:

CD


:lol: :lol: :lol: I just had to spell check Chell's recipe. 4 little opps...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19044
Images: 462
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:22 pm

caseydog wrote:. I am assuming an 8.5 X 11 size.


Aye on the size!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19044
Images: 462
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby caseydog » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:27 pm

mikeschn wrote:
caseydog wrote:I'm working of some purty cover designs for both cookbooks that we can add to the PDF files when the time comes. I am assuming an 8.5 X 11 size.

May I suggest to all contributors that they thoroughly spell-check and edit for grammar and punctuation before posting their recipes to the forum.

That will save someone else a whole lot of time and work later on, right Mike? :thumbsup:

CD


:lol: :lol: :lol: I just had to spell check Chell's recipe. 4 little opps...

Mike...



You mean oops? You misspelled oops in a post about misspelling. :oops:

Sorry, I had to point that out. :lol:

CD
Image

My build journal is HERE
User avatar
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 12405
Images: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:44 pm
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:30 pm

:duh:

'nuf said!!!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19044
Images: 462
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Next

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests