1963 Aljo Sportsman 12' Travel Trailer - $1850

...if you find a Teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer, on Ebay, craigslist, etc, post it here.........

1963 Aljo Sportsman 12' Travel Trailer - $1850

Postby danlott » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm

The price on this is a little high, but they do say "OR BEST OFFER".

Single axle 1963 Aljo Sportsman 15ft. from bumper to ball, 11ft.6in. camper. Clean, original, unmolested. Needs minor repairs and finishing touches. Minor water damage to veneer in a couple spots. Floor is solid. Tows nice. Propane works at stove, which is in excellent condition despite some surface rust on chrome. Haven't tried propane fridge, but it is complete and undisturbed and in excellent condition. Haven't had water in it, but the water system may need minor repair - looks complete to me. Haven't tried lights or electrical. All screens intact. All glass intact. Original upholstery is in very good condition, considering its age. Original metal-speckled table has two leaves (see photos). Crank front wheel inoperable (inexpensive Harbor Freight item). Taillights work - need a bit of wiring. No title. DMV will register with bill of sale.

I am asking $1850. OR BEST OFFER.

Trailer is located north of Reno

http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/3766601032.html
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Re: 1963 Aljo Sportsman 12' Travel Trailer - $1850

Postby milliejohn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 pm

He is way high and can't/won't explain why he doesn't have title, google his phone number, I would pass on anything he is selling. I buy and sell in the Reno area 24/7 if you do get the Nevada DMV to issue a license with only a bill of sale, it will be for a special reconstructed trailer, NOT the actual year and make of the trailer, plus it would need updated to electric brakes as well.

At $500 it is a buy, no more, needs entire inside redone.
Image ~I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left~
milliejohn
Teardrop Master

Re: 1963 Aljo Sportsman 12' Travel Trailer - $1850

Postby SuperShady1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:48 pm

This sounds like a flip to me and who knows the history? It need this and some of that and then I am not sure but maybe.

The DMV? Well I am sure it is real easy because I did not register it and I do not have the title and blah blah....

Love all the windows and the layout though...but the price!!??
Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

For you, for you, for you

Coleman Keepers 200A Gang

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1