1955 Empire Canned Ham-Style Travel Trailer - $650

...if you find a Teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer, on Ebay, craigslist, etc, post it here.........

1955 Empire Canned Ham-Style Travel Trailer - $650

Postby milliejohn » Wed May 15, 2013 12:26 pm

http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/3806869550.html

Reply [email protected] [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-05-15, 9:48AM PDT
1955 Empire Canned Ham-Style Travel Trailer - $650 (Old Southwest Reno)

I have a vintage Empire 1955 canned ham-style travel trailer for sale for $650. Throughout my research I haven't found much, if anything, on the Empire travel trailer. I bought this to be a fun DIY project, but someone with what seemed like a better purpose for it wanted to buy it. Long story short, after storing it for him for 8 months, he changed his mind. Grrr. In the meantime, I picked up another one, so I need to make the space for that one!

I really don't know much about this trailer just because that guy was going to buy it pretty much as soon as I bought it. It is completely gutted, so it would be great as a Burning Man art car shell or if someone wanted to make it completely custom for whatever they have in mind. It doesn't leak at all, has the original oven, sink and cooler and the wall boards to use as templates in putting new walls up. The other issue is that the trailer does not have a title and has not been registered in 10+ years. I do have the bills of sale going back that far though. In order to register it, you may have to get some sort of salvage title. FYI the DMV isn't super helpful in giving information on how to do this. Anyhow, I wanted to be forthright about that because the gal that I bought it from said that it should be super straightforward in getting it registered, and I'm not sure that's the case.

If you have any questions or would like to see it, please email, call or text. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about trailers and restoring them, so I would suggest coming to see it in person because I don't know how much information I can actually give you about it. Thanks so much, and have a great day!

(775) 527-3726
Image ~I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left~
milliejohn
Teardrop Master

Re: 1955 Empire Canned Ham-Style Travel Trailer - $650

Postby High Desert » Thu May 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Interesting. A true blank slate inside. The title issue reduces the value IMO, but could probably be remedied with perseverance if a person really wanted to. Could be a cool project for the right person.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Return to For Sale(not mine)