My Wonderful experience at Bottom Dollar Surplus

...if you find a Teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer, on Ebay, craigslist, etc, post it here.........

My Wonderful experience at Bottom Dollar Surplus

Postby ukewarrior » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:11 pm

So, today I drove 3+ hours to pick up a window I had won for $20 on ebay from an RV parts surplus store in Michigan.
This was on my way during a work trip, so I wanted to also see their 'store'.

The name is Bottom Dollar Surplus. (ebay handle is bottomdollarsurplusinc).

All I can say is: WOW !
If by some chance you are in the northern Indiana/southern Michigan area, this is a place to shop. (Bronson, MI)
They buy truck loads of cast offs from the RV industry that is prevalent in Indiana.

They sell first quality merchandise on ebay at good prices.

However, the real deals are if you go onsite.
They have a couple of buildings packed with all types of merchandise.
Some is new, some are pull offs from upgrades.

They have an outside boneyard that is packed with doors and windows in various condition.

Here are some things that I bought today:

1. I got 6 RV style windows, of many sizes and styles. some with trim rings some without. Each window was only $5 ! No joke. I just bought twice the windows I need for my tear for $30. This included a fire escape window, a small window for a door, a skylight window plus more. All open except one. The guys in the yard were very gracious in helping me find screens and trim rings for most of the windows. All were in working order, but were dusty and dirty with a scratch or two. At $5 a window, I think I got the deal of the century. They had hundreds of windows. Plus a hundred cargo doors and storage doors. If these don't sell, they scrap them for the metal. Many of the windows have a dent in the outer mounting flange. However, all the ones I bought have no bends.

2. They sell nuts and bolts of many sizes for $1 a pound. This is a real bargain. I got all the carriage bolts, nuts and washers to mount my floor for 50 cents, total. Screws of many sizes are $2.25 a pound. I loaded up. Fasteners are very expensive these days.

3. They sell LP hose sets, compression fittings or quick connect for $5. (less if you negotiate)

4. Ball bearing metal drawer slides for $2.50 a PAIR.

5. I got some Hubble metal boxes that sell in stores for $3+ for $1

They have torsion axles, tires, lights, and more stuff than I can describe. I could have spend 8 hours there, but did spend 3 until they closed at 5pm.

They said they get new stuff on many days. You can tell the stuff moves fast. Many RV dealers shop there they told me. ( I saw two during my time there)

I spent $90 on stuff that would have cost me $800 on ebay and other sources.

It would have been worth the trip even if I hadn't had another reason to be in the area.

The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful and seemed to appreciate my business.

I'll post some pics once I get home.
ukewarrior
Donating Member

Re: My Wonderful experience at Bottom Dollar Surplus

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:03 am

I have been there twice and agree with everything you said. Plus the inventory changes, so each time, there was different stuff.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby DrCrash » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 am

That place is about 30 min from my house and it is like a treasure hunt there .
DrCrash
The 300 Club

Postby lrrowe » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 am

I wish I had one near me. Paid full price for everything.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Return to For Sale(not mine)