Which Canned Ham in the Vintage plans is the best one?

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

Postby mikeschn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:58 am

I kinda like the 14ft canned ham!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:06 pm

THE MIDGET...hands down my favorite from the Vintage Plans section...actually, Andrew's winter version, the WIDGET is what I would build if I were building one...really like the 12 slant back Scotty as well..................
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:22 pm

If it has to be a canned ham I'd go with the Midget but I like the 17.5 ft caravan pophome but reverse it and shorten it a bit. With the mileage success on the 12 ft warrior's low nose I like the boat tail on this one but put it in the front.

Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby angib » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

I think the Wanderpup and Lil' Guy pair are the ones that have most to offer most builders, just like the Puffin. Those 14' and bigger trailers look to me like boats - they need a year of every weekend and some weeknights to get built, whereas those smaller ones are not much more work than a teardrop.

Maybe my task for the holidays should be to put one of those bodies on a HF chassis? The currently-scheduled task is regrouting the bathroom, so it ain't gonna take much persuasion...
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves