Possible buy....63? Boles Aero

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

Possible buy....63? Boles Aero

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:26 am

I've been looking around for a nice older vintage trailer to redo that isn't trashed...and then this Boles Aero, I think about a '63, appeared in an impound lot near my house about 2 weeks ago. It was abandoned on a guys property and he wanted it gone.

The towing company is filing for ownership on it, 45 days wait time, I told them that I might be interested in it. No one else has expressed any interest in it. I worked a deal with them on an old Charger a couple of years ago with my nephew, and talked it up on how it turned out, so maybe they will go easy on it with the price. yeah, right.....

The roof has a fair amount of silicone on some seams, but the siding is in great shape other than the front nose. No broken glass, Bargman handle, Hadco original coupler, has a furnace, reefer, shower, toilet, stove, sink, spring axle with brakes and no dinette...it has a table and chairs in it. At 17'....it's a turn and burn thing for me I'm thinking. I don't have enough tow vehicle for it, a 2000 Ranger V6 4L. Too close to the fence to open the door and get in, but they said they'd move it for me. Still, it's fun to find some old stuff like this around. Boles were #2 to an Airstream, so it's a quality trailer. If the price is right......who knows?

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby prohandyman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 am

Pretty darn cool! 17 ft is a bit long for my tastes, but there is a market for them. One heck of alot of polishing! :shock: Is it a birch interior...can't tell. I think there is a Boles sitting next to a barn near here that I thought about stopping and asking about, but it looks like 20 ft +. Same prob...too big for the current shop. Ahhh...so many campers...so little time!
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Juneaudave » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:36 am

Looks pretty decent from what I can tell in the pics! Time to create the Bole Aero DougCraft Edition!
:thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby dmb90260 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Doug:

Even in that condition you would have fit right in at Buellton this weekend. There were a couple in much a rougher state. If it is old and can be towed it is welcome.
There is another rally down the road at El Capitan Beach on March 3 weekend and another planned for Lone Pine March 30.

Rob's site, http://tinyurl.com/c69y9s, is the best resource for restoring trailers IMHO.

Hope you get lucky and join the standie world
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Dennis....you missed it...I've been a member of the standy world for over a year now. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Doug, with your skills and eye for design I'd go for it if the price is right for you. There's a lot of interest in vintage trailers and you could sell it and make another friend.
There were 120 trailers registered for the Lynden, WA Vintage trailer rally Sept, 8-11, 2011 and there was less than 20 teardrops, two tents and the rest standees. :D Danny

ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Prem » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 am

Doug,

I hope you get the Boles Aero!

A friend of mine selling PV panels years ago was living in a long Boles Aero at Quartzsite. It was a tank. It weighed 5,000 pounds at 28 feet in length. They built them out of heavy materials.

I like em. I especially like that exterior, rounded edge.

:thumbsup:

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks Prem....It's pretty large for my work area though...tonight they also had another old trailer in the yard...but it appears that it took a really hard hit in the front and it was all opened up like with a can opener. Might be a good parts trailer however. I need to check it out in daylight. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves