Complete the options

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

Complete the options

Postby Dave S » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 am

I am hopefully in the final stages (like 99%) of completing my options for camping. I should have.......real sooooooon......my 1955(?) Pleasurecraft 14'(?) Tin Can/Canned Ham/Standie/aw hell, trailer. It should be a good fit with my 1947(?) Cub Tear and my 1973 GMC Motorhome. Even though I consider myself to be a stout camper, a finatic vintage anything fan and a lover of most things 50's and wheel equipped (I tow the Tear with my 55 Ford Wag and pull a 67 VW behind the MH).........ya gotta fit the occasion, ya know. I started using my Tear (for many, many reasons) to escape the cost of gas in my GMC and for the folks I meet. However, on a trip last Winter/Spring (March) from Washington to Arizona I stopped with the Tear (Ruff but Ready) in my favorite RV spot in Flagstaff. I grabbed my Teddie Bear and Blankie and snuggled in for a geat snooze. The evening weather was chilly but clear. The sunset was breathtaking, and I was looking forward to a swell, short drive into P-Nix the next day. Morning came, I swung open the door, and was greeted by over two (THATS TWO!!!!) feet of snow. As I studied the situation, my morning duties were pressing and so I paddled over to the bathroom in my flip-flops, far enough a way to firm up a new resolve..........my friends with the canned hams do have a point. They awaken to a (hopefully) a dry floor and a few other nice-ities. I recognize that I am going to have to eat some substantial "crow" for all of my raggin on them for getting into the "standies", but I am a gracious loser......or I can be. I hope to post some pics when (a) I get the Baby home and (b) I learn how to post a pic......I am soooo lame. Now, another task starts (besides the "fluff and buff")......finding info out about the little rascal. I am still diggin info up on my Cub/Mod./et al. I have stumbled upon a very delightful lady who has sent me some fantastic "history" and pics.........far more than the internet has provided (and NO, its not a flippin BOAT). I cant begin to express how much I have enjoyed her info...........happy is as happy does. Keep on Vintaging, no matter what you enjoy. Dave (aka "Running Mouth" and LSFG) in Washington the State.
Dave S
Teardrop Builder

Re: Complete the options

Postby mvperini » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 pm

am hopefully in the final stages (like 99%) of completing my options for camping :lol: :lol:

thats what i thought after i restored our 47 kenskill teardrop, but a 57 cardinal canned hamm came along followed by a 1951 Boles aero, a 1957 travaleze then a 1956 roadmaster, and i am still looking on craiglist everyday for the next one :lol: amost forgot about the Tow rigs, 49 chevy 2dr, 69 ford f-100, 96 custom van for the 56 roadmaster weighs in at 4200 lbs

Mike and Zellie

1947 Kenskill teardrop kamper 4X10>
1951 Boles Areo 16ft Canned Ham>
1956 Roadmaster 20ft> Restored
1959 airstream 18ft restoration complete
1953 Pontiac house car
mvperini
500 Club

Re: Complete the options

Postby Dave S » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:41 am

Aw come on now............thats scarry. Its hard enough to sandwich the travel rigs inbetween my hotrods. The thought of actually selling something makes me break out in hives (but my wifey type loves it.....selling, that is). When I get rich I want to own a football stadium and fill it with cars, trucks, trailers..........grunt, grunt. D
Dave S
Teardrop Builder

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves