video of an .AU standy looks like at TD

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

video of an .AU standy looks like at TD

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCMAs_K2sUk
Bolwell RV shows The Edge
has some grate storage ideas and the table is very very interesting.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: video of an .AU standy looks like at TD

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 am

And.......... $62,000 US. http://www.bolwell-rv.com/edge.html

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:09 pm

most trailers that are mfg. cost thousands but the ideas are what it is all about.

So yes it is 62k but it has some good ideas. :thumbsup:
And I had not paid attention to the price so thank you for pointing that out. ;)

Is there is a mathematical way of figuring out the true cost.
but they build more then one and so bulk price is lower per item.

It would be cool if a 1000 of us could get together and build basically the same trailer and get the parts a bulk prices. :lol:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby eamarquardt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:most trailers that are mfg. cost thousands but the ideas are what it is all about.

So yes it is 62k but it has some good ideas. :thumbsup:
And I had not paid attention to the price so thank you for pointing that out. ;)

Is there is a mathematical way of figuring out the true cost.
but they build more then one and so bulk price is lower per item.

It would be cool if a 1000 of us could get together and build basically the same trailer and get the parts a bulk prices. :lol:

Using your approach that the more we build the cheaper we can make em, let's shoot for 1,000,000 and perhaps we can reduce the cost to naught. I'm sure that the suppliers, cause we're such good valuable repeat customers, would be willing to give us the materials for free! Then we could sell em for practically nothing and still make oodles and oodles of money. As a plus, given we're gonna be given the materials for free, we wouldn't have to go to all of the trouble to figure out how much each one is costing us. A win/win!

When do we start?

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby angib » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:27 pm

It may be expensive but it undoubtedly has the highest quality of body building I've seen in a trailer. Of course I can't say it's well-built without seeing it, but they have spent thousands of hours getting the detail of the body right. I would be surprised if there wasn't a professional automotive designer involved somewhere.
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves