1954 Aljoa Floor Heater

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

1954 Aljoa Floor Heater

Postby thozeguyz » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:32 am

I just got a 54 Aljoa and in it has a floor heater. My question is does any one have a trailer with a floor heater and do you use it? I am afraid of having someone step on it in bare feet and burning their feet. So I am not sure that I will keep it. Thanks
Attachments
DSC01837.JPG
DSC01837.JPG (164.89 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
thozeguyz
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 1954 Aljoa Floor Heater

Postby Karl V » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:04 am

thozeguyz wrote:I just got a 54 Aljoa and in it has a floor heater. My question is does any one have a trailer with a floor heater and do you use it? I am afraid of having someone step on it in bare feet and burning their feet. So I am not sure that I will keep it. Thanks

I have one in one of my Scotty's. It worked ok, not as well if it was very windy outside. mine did not get to hot when you steeped on it, and it's near the bed in the back so not a lot of foot traffic for where mine is. I use a small electric heater most of the time if I'm at an electric site. I also have a two small portable propane heaters, one for when it is just a little cold, it's not very powerful, but takes the chill off. And a heater buddy for when I camp in below freezing temps. I feel a little safer with the heater buddy, because the whole heater in inside so you can see it. It also has an oxygen depletion sensor as a safety (not really anything to worry about in my Scotty, it's far from airtight, but added safety anyway.
Karl V
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves