water supply

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

water supply

Postby wysedav » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 pm

I'm going to buy my water supply bulkhead and was wondering if I should get the gravit fill and the city water fill type or just gravity fill.

Very basic system, gravity fill for tank, tank to pump and pump to faucet. I could get fancy and add a city line to feed the faucet as well but not really sure its needed and its one more source of leaks. If I added the city line I would just run it directly to the hot fitting on the faucet so it would be pretty simple too I guess.

This is for a basic tear drop with no bathroom or shower.

Thanks for your opinions

David
wysedav
Teardrop Advisor

Re: water supply

Postby Jeepnick » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am

I went with a gravity fill only. I considered a city/hose connection as well, but decided it was redundant. I can just stand there with a hose for a minute while my 11 gallon tank fills.
Jeepnick
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Do not forget the low point drain, you need to be able to empty it too. The advantage of a city water inlet is that you do not have to fill the tank. We prefer having one.
you also need a gray water tank.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby wysedav » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 am

Thanks for the posts. I bought the one with a city water inlet. Thank fo r the reminder about the drains. I’ll be sure to take them into account.

Davis
wysedav
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets