Fresh water tank and instant water heater

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Fresh water tank and instant water heater

Postby ktm527 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:49 pm

I have been reading here for some time - registered today - first post today!

I'm currently on my 3rd or 4th revision of my 7x14 trailer used for off road motorcycle racing.

I have fold up wooden bunks, wooden overhead cabinets, refrigerator, microwave, and a toaster installed.

Recently I got on the shower kick - I installed a on piece 36x36 shower enclosure that also houses the porta pottie.

My questions:

1. fresh water tank will stand upright and need a siphon tube installed - Is that an issue in anyone's opinion?
2. the water heater will need a flue through the roof to exhaust per the seller (marey 1.5 lpm propane) any thoughts/advice on that?
3. plumbing the tank I have the 1 1/4" fill line and plan to buy cpvc for the shower supply - any suggestions or is this the correct route?
ktm527
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Fresh water tank and instant water heater

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:41 pm

1. fresh water tank will stand upright and need a siphon tube installed - Is that an issue in anyone's opinion?
SC consider center of gravity particularly if you will be off or rough roading.
3. plumbing the tank I have the 1 1/4" fill line and plan to buy cpvc for the shower supply - any suggestions or is this the correct route?
SC CPVC is rather brittle and inflexible and much as I dislike the stuff PEX is probably a better choice, more flexible easier to run.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby ktm527 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:42 am

Thanks
ktm527
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:24 am

I'd defiantly go with pex. We use it a lot in replumbing house trailers and except for the tools being expensive to start with it's really easy to work with and fast. You can probably rent the tools and it won't take long to run all of your plumbing. MY son and I can replumb and mobile home in about 4 hrs. It's not suppose to break with freezing but the fittings are brass and they will break.

GAry
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby ktm527 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:59 am

My Dad has the tools I found out today - he and Mom are nearly full time RV'ers.
ktm527
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ktm527 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:27 pm

:D Installed heater and fresh water tank today _ works great!

I have some detail work to neaten up, bur am very happy with the set up
ktm527
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets