Question about instant hot water.

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Question about instant hot water.

Postby Nate.petty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:44 pm

I was doing some thinking about simple hot water and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this: Has anyone ever thought about using an insinkerator hot water dispenser as a shower?

Here is a link to one from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emerson-InSinke ... 33859bc607

Im thinking that I should be able to hook that hot water in with some regular cold water and have a warm shower. Any thoughts or ideas??
Nate.petty
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Question about instant hot water.

Postby GuitarPhotog » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:58 pm

I think that the way those under-sink units are plumbed (cold water in pushes hot water out) will make it difficult to hook up a blending valve so you can get shower temperatures. I have one of those under my sink and it pretty much must use the supplied valve because of that.

They also use a lot of electricity (750 W), so you couldn't use it without shore power.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nate.petty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:09 pm

what do you mean shore power? most of the places i will be going will have power outlets.
Nate.petty
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GuitarPhotog » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Shore power is the term for campground provided 120 VAC power. In short you would not be able to make hot water with one of these without being plugged into campground 120 VAC power, or without substantial battery and inverter resources.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets