Which regulator?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Which regulator?

Postby Treeview » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Now, time for plumbing LP into the ToyBox. This tank came with the regulator and 80% full.

http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=2415&image_id=115126

The regulator is a Progressive Dynamics model 349h. I can't find any info on the web about the regulator. Does anyone know where to find specs?

In addition, I have two other regulators that I'm trying to find specs for also:

Fisher Governor Co. Type Y200---I just got an email from a Fisher distributor who wrote:

This is a Single Stage Regulator. RV ‘s require an integral two stage regulator, so by Code, this is not an appropriate regulator.

Marshall Brass Model 210---I did find info about other MB regulators.

Any help?

I have an Atwood 8531 furnace and the range that's in my gallery to plumb. Eventually I'll probably get rid of the range and get a modern smaller one.

Thanks,

Tom
Treeview
The 300 Club

Re: Which regulator?

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Our trailer came with a single stage regulator and because of the number of things attached I changed it to a two stage. The single stage will work assuming it will function properly.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Dale M. » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Your picture brings up another question..... When was tank last inspected..... Looks like it needs a really good restoration before you use it.....

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby MtnDon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 pm

It appears to be an ASME approved tank, not a DOT (portable tanks, yard tanks...) . ASME do not have expiration dates. I bought one from a big wrecked RV a few years ago. My propane dealer checked the valves, fittings and so on, told me to clean it up and paint it and I was good to go.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Treeview » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Cleaning and repainting is in the plan.
Right now I'm trying to plan the layout and look at materials.

Is there an FAQ for LP here or some other place?

Tom
Treeview
The 300 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets