Alternative grey tank options?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Alternative grey tank options?

Postby MartMX » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:53 pm

On my cargo trailer, I have the grey water just running on the ground (which is ok for most places I go). But, are there any options for putting some kind of ~small tank under there without buying a big/expensive RV grey tank?
MartMX
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Alternative grey tank options?

Postby George Taylor » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Our pop up camper is the same way, we have to supply the tank. You can get mobile grey tanks at camping stores, and I think that Wally world has them also. However we forgot ours one trip and got from Wal-mart a blue Aquatainor jug to use. It is a 5 gallon container and was about $15. It does the job.
George Taylor
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:55 pm

George offers good solutions!

We've used plastic containers, and a 3 gallon bucket (like a typical 5 gallon, just smaller).
Something with a closed top is better though, as there are always enough bugs when you go camping, no need to invite extras...

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby kudzu » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:31 am

My camper came with a Barker 5 gallon tote. Lay it flat on it's side while in use. At first blush the price seems ridiculous but it's sturdy, is a pretty closed system & includes the hose.
http://barkermfg.com/tt5.html

If it hadn't come with my used trailer I think I'd opt for something like the Aquatainer or maybe one of the collapsible gray water containers like this: http://www.rvstoredirect.com/gray-water-holding-tank-p-3754.html

[But I'm a newbie to all this so don't know much.]
kudzu
Donating Member

Postby George Taylor » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:39 pm

We had the exact same blue gray tank you pictured, it went away with the Scotty we sold, and now have a larger version of it whit wheels. I recommend the wheels!
George Taylor
Teardrop Master

Postby oddie121 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:23 pm

If you have enough room in a cavity you could use some 4 or 6" PVC in a U shape to create some storage with an outlet on the side and a valve to let you empty it. I'd share pictures but i can't find the post i found it on a long time ago either here or on a popup forum. I'll be doing this on my cargo trailer. Just ensure it is secured extremely well for the weight it will hold.
oddie121
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Here is mine for the tiny house........

Last edited by bobhenry on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby lrrowe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Bob, boy you must have some under carragie height to fit these under it? :lol:
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets