Plumbing diagram

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Plumbing diagram

Postby AnthonyH » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:56 pm

What do you guys think of this? Have I missed anything? Looks like I will need 5 T fittings and 2 check valves (the arrows represent them with their flow direction). Let me know if this is the most efficient and economical way. I am using PEX since I have it on hand. Debating what type fittings to use with it, shark bite or one of the various crimp types. I have seen some people use hose clamps, do they hold up? Image

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Re: Plumbing diagram

Postby lrrowe » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:24 am

The diagram looks conceptly good

I would add a water pressure vavle between the grid water amd the trailers entrance. I know this from personal experience with a blowed line. I also had some bad connections let go when I used the manual clamps. I then went to PEX and the crimped fasteners with no problems afterwards.

For me, if I had no pump prime, I would not worry about a check vavle.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby troubleScottie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:55 am

I am not sure if you want the connection from the city water directly to the water tank. Essentially you would be pressurizing the water tank. I doubt they can take even water normal pressure. Others should pipe in on this. You would of course need some sort of gravity feed for the water tank. So two inlets.

You might consider values and tees to drain your water system. Just using the pump to the grey water tank will not empty the hot water tank or the lines going to the sink, toilet or shower. This should be a some low point in the system. A typical point is between the water tank and pump. This would then require a bypass line and valve to drain the rest of the system due to the one way valve beyond the pump. You could put the drain on the other side of the pump/one way valve. I am not sure if the pump might slow/stop the draining in this setup or if you should run the pump while you are draining the system ( running the pump dry).

Drain valves need to accessible. If you are at home on a firm dry pavement, crawling underneath might not be an issue. If you forgot to close a valve while on the road in the rain at night, you get the picture. Same for the waste tank valves below. A some point you might want to empty the system while on the road eg the water is dirty or tastes weird. It might be useful to have some way to extend the drain so it is not deposited right under the trailer.

Especially while you are on city water, you might want an exterior shower or external access to water eg cleaning fish, the completely mud covered occupant, rinsing off salt water, washing car or kayak. For just cold water, a quick release fitting would work. For a shower, you would want to be able to control the water temperature. So maybe an outside facing shower valve.

You need drains. Gray for sink and shower. And black. Actually a bigger/more difficult part of the system. One, the lines are bigger ie 3" ?? Two, you need enough drop to ensure drainage (no idea on the # of inches per foot). Water lines can go over and under things as pressure does the work. Three, to some extent they determines the placement of grey and black water tanks. Remember you might be traveling with the tanks full. With the shift in weight. Four, you might need traps. Five, I think you need vents for the drain lines.

You need drains for the waste tanks, most likely a separate one for each.

You might want/need a water path to flush the gray water into the black tank.

You might need a way to inject clean water to clean the waste tanks. Obviously you have the toilet and shower drains. So this might be over kill. However, it could be pain to carry multiple buckets of water into the trailer to flush the system.
Michael Krolewski
Scottish Terrier Fancier
troubleScottie
Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:14 pm

Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby AnthonyH » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks for the replies and advice. I should have indicated the heavy line from city to tank is the gravity feed. The thinner line from city is the pressurized supply. My diagram only shows the supply lines and not the drain lines I have all that figured out already I'm going to be using the hepvo valves on the sink and the shower the black tank will be directly under the toilet so it should be a pretty simple setup. I do need to install drains which I don't show I'll figure out where my low points are once I get the supply lines in and just add T's for those.

Postby AnthonyH » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Thanks for sharing your diagram, aggie79. Going to be a good game this weekend, War Eagle!

Postby aggie79 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:13 pm

AnthonyH wrote:Thanks for sharing your diagram, aggie79. Going to be a good game this weekend, War Eagle!

I found this drawing somewhere on the inter-web and stuck it in my CT conversion folder for future reference.

The game should be a good show although I don't have a lot of confidence in our offense particularly against Auburn's defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets