Running a propane line safely under the frame?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Running a propane line safely under the frame?

Postby gene so » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Hello,
I am laying out my propane line from two tanks to a heater in the cabin and the cook top and refrigerator in the galley. I planned to run it under the 2 x2 steel frame. I note there is 3 inches of clearance between the axle and the frames. I have ful sized tires and 3,500 Pd. Springs for this trailer. Adding the 1/1/2" steel angles would protect the copper tubing, but limit the spring travel substantially.
So, I am at an impasse. How do I run this main propane line safely? Drilling all the steel tubing frame for this copper line is just not feasible now with the cabin in place. if there is a sensible answer please let me know!

Gene so
gene so
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Running a propane line safely under the frame?

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 pm

RVIA standards call for black iron or copper. Our tear came with iron and with a drop under the axle, the lowest point just waiting for a rock. I redid the line with copper and drilled the aluminum frame using a right angle drill I already had. (adapters are available to do the same thing).
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Re: Running a propane line safely under the frame?

Postby Dale M. » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:23 am

I would use standard plumbing techniques ( tee's, elbows, etc.) and black iron pipe with a bit of rubber wrapped around pipe and clamped directly to trailer frame....

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets