ART DECO

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: ART DECO

Postby GPW » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:34 am

Pencil and paper here too ... and a Big eraser... :D

Nice Yaks !!! 8) :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:56 am

Love the trailer idea and the boats. Man, I really want your workspace. :) I've always wanted a little house and a really big garage/workshop. :lol:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 pm

bonnie wrote:Love the trailer idea and the boats. Man, I really want your workspace. :) I've always wanted a little house and a really big garage/workshop. :lol:

That makes sense to me too. I have a friend who has thought about buying some industrial space, using the offices as living space and the rest as a workshop. Apparently code enforcement in his city frowns on that practice :thumbdown: :thumbdown: If I were a single man, I'd think about doing the same
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Here, many many small shops, stores, market’s , even Vinnie’s family had the business in the front , the home in the back ... Not too common anymore, but still done .
It appears that some of those “codes" are not only written for your safety (as supposed) , but to force you to pay Two tax bills ... All a part of the great political Money grab ... :twisted:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby oakinteriors1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Rent free...
I used to have my shop in the basement of our 1,000 sq. foot ranch style house.. One of those with the 2 car garage in the basement...It worked for over 15 yrs. that way...
Then we moved to the country, the shop is an old 30X60 pole barn. I insulated it with 300 straw bales along the walls and for ceiling it has 4'' thick 4'X8' Styrofoam suspended under the trusses ....
oakinteriors1
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies