FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks Goose , we’re on High alert , but it looks like a “heavy Rain” event (?) … We’ll just have to keep an eye on it’s progress, but it won’t take but a couple hours and we’ll zip right away from here … We’re better prepared this year, much better than any other … Fingers crossed , and if it’s not too intense , we’ll just "shelter in place" … using our FoamStream gear for the same purpose … at home . :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby pchast » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Luck with it.... :thumbsup:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 am

Thanks PC …
Looks like we’re going to have a “passunder" , where the bulk of the Hurricane passes under us in the warm Gulf of Mexico on the way to Texas, but we’ll still get tons of winds and rain …. Forecast for 12” of rain overall , and everybody here knows pretty much what to do … it floods all the time …We are like Holland , some parts at a minus sea level protected by levees (dikes) , Huge “pumping stations” continuously pump water out of the city , but they can only handle rains of 1”/hour … otherwise its a flooding situation … Happens all the time … :R

And then sometimes those “models” are Wrong and the storm comes right at us … :frightened:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 am

Well then , the storm is leaving , not too bad where we are… FoamStream did not get used … yet … Still early into the season … :NC

But we were Ready !!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Glad to hear this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 am

Thanks Bonnie !!!
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:10 pm

DOOR KNOBS !!! :o I bought what I thought was a very nice ( name brand , not cheap ) stainless steel EXTERIOR door knob/ lock for the FoamStream , the other day we noticed the door was always open ??? Ghosts ??? Gremlins ? Wild Animals ??? Turned out it was the stupid door lock , the inside of which was NOT Exterior or stainless and was all RUSTED solid … :frightened: We cleaned it up as much as we could and sprayed the inside with “ Fluid Film” my new favorite rust treatment put it all back again …. Today I noticed the door ajar … again … so added a little SS clamp on a screw that pivots over the door and holds it closed physically , like a chicken house … Tired of that foolishness eh !!!  :R :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies