FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Now you need to load it up with the 500 lbs of beer. See if it shakes the suds up to much.

:lol: :lol: Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Primed , painted , and protected... ready to go to the SP office now ... :D

Oops , forgot the Beer.. :o :frightened: :roll: We will have to test that huh ??? :beer:
Attachments
FScrpainted.JPG
FScrpainted.JPG (188.1 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Need a shake down party.

so to speak
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:38 pm

That’s for Sure !!! :P ... after it gets it’s license plate ... and “brake tag” (the City requires it although there are no brakes) ...:duh: .. just another frivolous Fee by the city fathers who never seem to get enough of our money , and then can’t seem to manage what they get . :roll:

Might have to get it out on the highway and open it up , do some high speed testing (~50mph) :o The aerodynamics felt good , and I think the lighter overall mass of the trailer made it ride better than we would have expected with a heavy spring set ...Movements (bumps ) were small and quick to recover, not a "lumbering mass” with too much inertia .. Not at all like towing the 4000# Jayco (Featherweight :roll: ) , which was a big DRAG and No Fun !!!
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Looks good! :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:33 am

Thanks KC, those chain clips worked Perfect ... Kind of Fun knowing I have a little KC on my trailer ... 8) :thumbsup: :beer:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:49 am

Been working on fixing up the Foamie #1 to leave ... :o One thing we noticed ... on some bare areas of canvas on the side we sanded with one of those foam block sanding pads ... and that made the finish a LOT Smoother ... Little imperfections in the paint , all smoothed out ... Never expected that ... 8) With a coat of primer and some light sanding , this will come out pretty Smooth ... Ready for the final coats of color ...
After almost 3 years of living outside , the only problem encountered was the window hinges and screws ... supposedly were Brass, but weren't (rusted) , so are replaced it with a new SS hinge and SS screws... You can see how the Cheapo Wal Mart paint has dulled in that time ... Going back with the Good Stuff, same as on the FoamStream actually ... ;)
Attachments
DSCF0060.JPG
DSCF0060.JPG (187.65 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Shar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 am

Enjoying this update! Those 2 foamies are like members of the family to me.
Sheryl
If all these people did it, so can I.
My build thread: Hybrid Foamie in Southern Alberta
Shar
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 am

Shar , they’re like family to me too .... will be sad to see this one go ... :cry: But “you know who” has spoken... and counted to three... :o

Well then , after starting a good scrubbing , what appeared as dullness was in reality .... Dirtness' .. and Greenness... :frightened: A little cleaning goes a long way , and even the dull pink HF trailer looks Much better now too ... :duh:
Attachments
DSCF0061.JPG
DSCF0061.JPG (206.62 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:47 am

Whoa !!! What a difference !!! :D You can see the side trailer frame how dull ... that should clean up nicely too ... 8) Odd , only the back and front have the Greenness... front the most by far (now gone ) ...seems like it should be the same all around but not ... but then the front was facing the star Polaris for a long time ... That would do it ... :thinking:
Attachments
DSCF0062.JPG
DSCF0062.JPG (228.89 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 am

GPW wrote:Whoa !!! What a difference !!! :D You can see the side trailer frame how dull ... that should clean up nicely too ... 8) Odd , only the back and front have the Greenness... front the most by far (now gone ) ...seems like it should be the same all around but not ... but then the front was facing the star Polaris for a long time ... That would do it ... :thinking:

That trailer looks brand new, almost. Might not need painting after all. Thrifty!
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:19 pm

let me see what it looks like when I get the whole thing cleaned up ... I particularly want to look around for any Rust that may be happening ... Take care of it now , won’t have to fool with it later .. I have a can of Rustoleum Sunrise Red (which is supposed to be a match , or close ) just for some touching up anyway ... Right now I did a better job of caulking the window frame , although the first one seemed to work fine (no leaks) , this will be ... Prettier... :D

Funny , all the second hand trailers I got looked like they hadn’t seen anything more than a hose down in 20 years ... :frightened: :roll:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu May 01, 2014 7:07 am

Caulk said let dry two hours before painting ... I gave it 20 ... Nice and dry now , a little sanding to further smooth it a bit and we’re ready to prime... :D This is a much better fillet than before , my tool was a “wooden nickel” ... Worked great !!! So if someone offers you one , take it !!! ;)

Ps. you can also see the bottom of the window frame is tilted down and out for better drainage ... That has worked great .. :thumbsup:
Attachments
DSCF0064.JPG
DSCF0064.JPG (144.98 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Just ran over it (caulk job) with a Scotch Brite pad , that cleaned off all the extra little bits , leaving it nice and smooth ... Although it didn’t leak before , it will surely be waterproof now for a Long time to come .. best get all this up to speed now so the new owner won’t have Any problems down the road ... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu May 01, 2014 6:51 pm

That is a thing of beauty! :thumbsup:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies