The DreamLiner

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: The DreamLiner

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:22 am

This was my early on “take” on a streamlined trailer ... crumbs for thought :thinking: 6856 Could be further improved with streamlining the undercarriage and the addition of some “wheel pants” ...
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:42 am

GPW wrote:This was my early on “take” on a streamlined trailer ... crumbs for thought :thinking: 6856 Could be further improved with streamlining the undercarriage and the addition of some “wheel pants” ...

In another thread you've said it's time for a new build... I think this should be your next build. I love the shape and although it does break some aero principles (the nose) I think the rest of it could work well. Some advanced sidewall techniques also come into play but that's part of the fun.

If you don't build it, maybe it becomes Road Foamie II...
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:03 am

Mel , it could be pricy to do it right .... First thing is a custom trailer ... I’ll have to start saving my Hat money ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:33 am

Seeing as how the wife wants you to get rid of the big trailer in the back yard, I doubt she would be happy to see you spend money on a custom trailer. :lol: :shock: :lol: Could work pretty well on a conventional trailer with some mods to the design and the realization that you're compromising some of the aero effects but I do like the exercise in design.
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:26 am

Mel, this was just an old drawing when I was searching for suitable designs to make ... It could work in foam ... :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Sorry, Mojave Bob, Don't mean to hijack your thread. But GPW, that's what I am thinking. I doubt there's a suitable conventional method for building this design but foam could do it. I've been letting this design rumble around in my brain and I've even started looking around for a suitable frame. I might consider having a frame custom fabbed in aluminum for better rot resistance. Oh BTW... Don't let "She who must be obeyed" know or I could lose body parts! :o :shock: :frightened:
Mel

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:21 am

Mum’s the word !!! :o I think it would work , and look cool too ... Long and low , would make a good Sleeper/Lounger ... :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies